nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It would be nice to see the show get a decent ratings lift in the final episodes. It would be a small "parting gift" if the show ended up getting just enough of a ratings boost that it leaves Riverdale as the lowest-rated show on network TV for the season.
Riverdale's average will probably be higher, but the season six finale of that had less than 200k viewers (170k) :eek:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've enjoyed the show. Could it have been different? Of course. Could it have been better? Probably.
While it hasn't been my cuppa tea Daniel I have appreciated your recaps of each episode. When a new season of Dynasty pops up on Netflix it does achieve high viewership status so there is clearly a market out there for it. I've suspended my Netflix subscription but I'm still curious to read your recap on how it all plays out. Enjoy the final episodes. Hey. At least you guys - and the guys at Dynasty were given a heads up about not being renewed so they can wrap up the story lines. With TNT Dallas the sports department over there just killed the series on a cliff-hanger. I wonder if Christopher survived or not :think:

Lankershim Blasdel 1

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Enchanted April
I’m assuming negotiations with James MacKay started this past May after news of the cancellation?
Will Adam get his is still a mystery.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That is why I think they ought to publicize the return of MacKay. The lapsed viewer will immediately think about Adam, about how (or if) he will get what he deserves. So there will still be speculation/suspense about what his return will mean for the other characters, and hopefully a satisfying plot conclusion surrounding him.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Since so much has been said about Steven's absence and return I'm sure it's going to be a nice experience, one way or another.

Is he going to remove his prosthetic finger privately in the very final scene? Sort of a Dale Cooper/BOB cliffhanger moment?

Also, and I'm getting a little emotional about it

Netflix's streaming logistics post-season two made it easier for me to bail out.
I don't know how much more I could have endured or for how long, but the forum discussions used to be major selling point.
If memory serves, the introduction of the real Adam was appreciated by most if not all people who watched it. And then there was that amazingly exciting moment of Alexis' face/off.
I wonder, did something equally satisfying ever happen in the seasons after that? Something that made you go all "ooh! and ah!"?

Either way, despite my personal opinion of this remake (and one actress in particular) I look forward to reading everyone's comments on the final episode.
Hit or miss, NuDynasty has its place on tellytalk.

Lankershim Blasdel 1

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Enchanted April
The way I see it there are 3 scenarios I think can happen.
1 - they gloss over or ignore completely what happened with Steven, Adam/George and James’ scene is too short to go into any more than “ Hey I needed a break from the fam to regain my sanity but had to come back to meet my nephew, or niece but I’m thinking Little Blake. Maybe Adam isn’t even in the last episode which would make his scene that much less complicated.

2- Steven exposes Adam and the family sends him packing Blake disowns him, maybe Steven even punches him out, and so does Fallon . ( I think this is the most wanted finish)

Lankershim Blasdel 1

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Enchanted April
3- Steven Adam and Fallon break into a kooky song. Since S 3 this isn’t off the table. “There are no consequences here on our show.”everything is light and breezy even rescuing a friend from a dangerous cult ( no David Koresh on the cw, only goofy harmless cult leaders)
Another DCW villain turned goof ball

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure a musical stunt isn't high on the priority list of CWDynasty watchers, but if it HAVE to happen...

I think it's going to be an intentionally obvious sweep-under-the-carpet moment.
I can imagine Fallon saying "hi, I was just about to call you" - or something like that. Perhaps what matters the most is that he's being acknowledged again, and will that prompt the return of CWDynasty fan @TomasWak?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's not quite the same as "casting spoilers" for the show, but I just saw Sam Adegoke got cast in a new Nissan commercial. It must be really new, because I could not even find a link to it on any of Nissan's sites. But it's hard to mistake that voice and that 'knowing stare' he always employed when dealing with Fallon and her wacky schemes.