• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Alternative titles for "DYNASTY"

Alternatice titles for "Dynasty"?

• Destiny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duck Denver

• Carrington Crest

• Lascivious Landing

• Dirty Sexy Rich People

• Total voters

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And if they'd gone with "Mile High" that would have created an interesting duality with "Big Valley" for Linda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I also like The Denver Clan (like the German title).

Or simply CARRINGTON instead of THE Carringtons. It sounds more powerful and doesn't specifically refer to the Carrington family members.
And then I'd re-name The Colbys DYNASTY :lol:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"The Colbys" was to be named "Empire" but there was another show that was titled like that in 1984 so the producers had to find another one.:(

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"The Colbys" was to be named "Empire" but there was another show that was titled like that in 1984 so the producers had to find another one.:(
Yes, the sitcom EMPIRE with Patrick MacNee. All I can recall about it was a boardroom table fight where one member criticized Edward Winter over some business issue and Winter shot back, "Are you calling me a homosexual?!?" out of the blue.

So funny.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
- The Land Where Nobody Was Gay
- Alexis (as in "Rebecca"...the presence that is always there until she returns, and is REALLY there)
- Denver Saga
- Faces / Off
- Oil Me Up, Oil Me Down
- Big Business ;)
- Die-Nasty: Alexis with a Vengeance
- Phallus (copyright: @Richard Channing)
- Carry on Alexis
- Beech About the House
- A House Is Not a Home

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really wonder if titles establish some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion as to how a show will fare.

I like the title "Dynasty" but it does seem to foretell a nasty death. While "Mile High" is far more optimistic.

Just as "Knots Landing" suggests, phonetically, that the show will not be landing (hence, the quality and success would continue).

But what does that say for "Falcon Crest"?? Did it crest so easily because it was on after DALLAS in the States??

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Empire would be good ...
and for the spin-off Titans
I think Empire would probably have been the best one, because Blake Carrington seemed to run his holdings and family as if they were all part of an empire.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards