• Another week - Another poll

Choose Telly Talk's Thread Of The Year 2022

Click here to vote

Anne Heche in car crash (died of injuries)

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Apparently, she was speeding and crashed into a garage. Then sped off again and drove like a maniac until she crashed into someone's house. Car & house caught on fire. She was agitated when firefighters & paramedics tried to help her. She is in critical condition, ventilated and with some bad burns. There's information about a bottle of booze was found in her car.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know why these Hollywood celebrities never seem to use a taxi/ Uber in Los Angeles when drunk or on drugs? Or do they try to save money because of the long distances?

Daniel Avery

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic II: This Time It's Personal
I've been a fan of hers since her run as twins Marley and Vicky on Another World, and I've always rooted for her to find similar success in primetime TV. While she needs to be properly punished if she was indeed driving drunk, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for her.

When she started at AW, she had just finished high school and the NY-based role was her opportunity to escape a terrible home situation. The actors who played her parents, Kale Browne and Anna Stuart, immediately recognized that although she was really talented, she was also really screwed up emotionally. Browne gave her the name of his therapist; Stuart gave her a vibrator. No word on which 'parent' was more helpful, though I have suspicions.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do feel sorry for her and I hope she fully recovers. Obviously there are issues going on there to display such irresponsible and reckless behavior but I hope she can get her life in order once she’s recovered.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Too much damage to the brain. Organ donation plan has begun.

Rest in peace. :(

Payton Cross

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So sad to hear that Hollywood lost another legend, i'm not really familiare with her movies but i know she played in the movie "Volcano" that i really lked.
I also was shocked when i saw the video that she drove very fast through the streets, it almost feels like she wanted to happend something bad to her. :(

R.I.P. Anne Heche.
:rip:

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know why these Hollywood celebrities never seem to use a taxi/ Uber in Los Angeles when drunk or on drugs? Or do they try to save money because of the long distances?
How rude and insensitive. What do you know about her life ?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How rude and insensitive. What do you know about her life ?

Well, she had cocaine & fentanyl in her blood at the time of her accident. It's not at all rude and insensitive to react when someone drives under influence. She could have killed others. She almost hit a pedastrian and then the woman living in the house she crashed into, as well as her pets.

Driving when you know you're on drugs or have had alcohol, there are absolutely no excuses. If she had survived, she probably would have served jail time.

She didn't deserve to get injured or die. But she also shouldn't get a free pass for her DUI, reckless driving & the hit-and-run.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
RIP Anne Heche, a very underrated actress who always worth watching, with the probable exception of that awful "Psycho" remake. My condolences to her family and friends.

Also...

Woke-ism and Judge Judy have really damaged our society. Everybody seems to enjoy playing judge, jury and executor. Better look at what happens in our own houses!!

Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Woke-ism and Judge Judy have really damaged our society. Everybody seems to enjoy playing judge, jury and executor. Better look at what happens in our own houses!!

I prefer to look at it another way. What happens if society don't frown upon criminal activity? If we don't care that people endanger innocent lives? It's like saying we think "it's okay, we don't care, go ahead".

I don't think we should judge every action. Just the criminal actions. Cheating and lying are seldom criminal offenses. We don't need to publically judge that. Or say mean things. But when it's a very serious crime, it's a whole other thing.

Driving under influence is IMO one of the worst things you can do. Mainly because your selfish reckless behaviour put others lives in jeopardy. If more people spoke out, then maybe fewer people would commit this horrible crime. If your friends and family took a firm stand againt DUIs, maybe you wouldn't get behind the wheels after having a a drink or having taken a drug. If your friend is ok with you driving after a couple of glasses, you just may be convinced you're ok to drive. What others say and think matters.