Reaction score
Awards

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone!

I have loved looking/reading through this entire thread - definitely makes me wonder "what if" Victoria had joined the TNT series. I like to think that maybe if Larry hadn't died so soon, the series would have built up a little more and then Victoria might have been more compelled to join even if for a 1-2 season arc. If she had, even after Larry's eventual death, I don't think the show would have suffered too much because so many of the core characters remained.

I think there could have been such an interesting dynamic with Bobby, Christopher, Pamela Rebecca etc., especially if she returned on a permanent basis and had to re-adjust to life in Dallas. I'm not sure Bobby would have divorced Ann for Pam - depending on her reason for disappearing for so long - but there certainly would have been some tension.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone!

I have loved looking/reading through this entire thread - definitely makes me wonder "what if" Victoria had joined the TNT series. I like to think that maybe if Larry hadn't died so soon, the series would have built up a little more and then Victoria might have been more compelled to join even if for a 1-2 season arc. If she had, even after Larry's eventual death, I don't think the show would have suffered too much because so many of the core characters remained.

I think there could have been such an interesting dynamic with Bobby, Christopher, Pamela Rebecca etc., especially if she returned on a permanent basis and had to re-adjust to life in Dallas. I'm not sure Bobby would have divorced Ann for Pam - depending on her reason for disappearing for so long - but there certainly would have been some tension.
I for one would’ve loved VP to return. Her interactions with JR, her explaining her reasons for leaving to Christopher and Bobby, a possible reunion with Bobby and maybe they finally get their happy ending. Her character could’ve greatly helped.

But do I think it would’ve saved the show? No I don’t. Maybe it would’ve been on a little longer and we get some closure on a few things but ultimately it never would’ve been the same. TNT Dallas just wasn’t original Dallas. And as much as I would’ve liked to see her return at some point, VP was smart to stay away.

Justine

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I for one would’ve loved VP to return. Her interactions with JR, her explaining her reasons for leaving to Christopher and Bobby, a possible reunion with Bobby and maybe they finally get their happy ending. Her character could’ve greatly helped.

But do I think it would’ve saved the show? No I don’t. Maybe it would’ve been on a little longer and we get some closure on a few things but ultimately it never would’ve been the same. TNT Dallas just wasn’t original Dallas. And as much as I would’ve liked to see her return at some point, VP was smart to stay away.

No, I don't think she would have saved the show either. I meant if the show had been a bigger success to begin with, Victoria may have joined the series before/after Larry's death and that would have boosted its success even more.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No, I don't think she would have saved the show either. I meant if the show had been a bigger success to begin with, Victoria may have joined the series before/after Larry's death and that would have boosted its success even more.
I gotcha. I misunderstood what you were saying. If the show was a success already then her return could’ve made things even more interesting. I would’ve loved to have her back if it were possible!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So I was watching the episode Hush Hush Sweet Jesse the other night and I gotta say that I love the scene between Bobby and Pam when he brings Christopher back. There’s so much emotion in this scene. She’s mourning Mark and Bobby’s trying to comfort her. But then she starts talking about all the tragedy that’s taken place and the fact that she can’t believe they’re divorced. She tells him how she went to Thanksgiving Square that day to make up with him and then he brings up the letter. Finally they’re interrupted before it gets discussed any further.

It’s such a sad scene and maybe that’s why it’s not one of my favorites of theirs but I have to say that it is extremely well written, perhaps their best scene of the entire series.

The way they reflect on their marriage and divorce is very believable. They play it like I feel a real divorced couple that still have an emotional attachment to one another would. It’s a very realistic scene. I think I appreciate this scene a lot more now than I did then.

K

Karin Schill

I think there could have been such an interesting dynamic with Bobby, Christopher, Pamela Rebecca etc., especially if she returned on a permanent basis and had to re-adjust to life in Dallas. I'm not sure Bobby would have divorced Ann for Pam

I agree that there would have been a lot of interesting dynamic if Pam had returned to the show. I think if she had returned at the end of season two when Christopher were looking for his mom the show would have gotten more than three seasons.

Although I think most of the viewers would have wanted Bobby to divorce Ann for Pam. So if that wouldn't have happened I guess a lot of fans would have been disappointed. I don't know @Justine did you ever finish reading my Dallas TNT fanfic that I wrote called "Forgiveness?"

In it Pam returned and well it's a Dallas TNT story but I would say it's Bobby/Pam centric.:heart:

So well that's my vision of what would have happened if Pam returned after Dallas TNT wrapped. :)
I can recommend that story to all Bobby & Pam fans.
I agree that the original Dallas and Dallas TNT are different. Honestly I think the reason why Dallas TNT flopped was because of the writing and fast pacing. People wanted to see Dallas, a family drama series, not Dallas, a crime drama series.

Justine

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although I think most of the viewers would have wanted Bobby to divorce Ann for Pam. So if that wouldn't have happened I guess a lot of fans would have been disappointed. I don't know @Justine did you ever finish reading my Dallas TNT fanfic that I wrote called "Forgiveness?"

In it Pam returned and well it's a Dallas TNT story but I would say it's Bobby/Pam centric.:heart:

So well that's my vision of what would have happened if Pam returned after Dallas TNT wrapped. :)
I can recommend that story to all Bobby & Pam fans.
No, I don't think I did - I'm so terrible at keeping up with all the fanfiction and books I'm reading on top of tv shows! :fp: I will do my best to read it soon, it sounds interesting!

K

Karin Schill

Thank you Sanda. I am sure I'll make a new Bobby & Pam music video some day. But right now I have too much editing to do at work so I don't feel like editing anything at all in my sparetime.

No, I don't think I did - I'm so terrible at keeping up with all the fanfiction and books I'm reading on top of tv shows! :fp: I will do my best to read it soon, it sounds interesting!
Thanks. If you do finish reading it please drop me a line in the story thread to let me know what you thought of it, ok? :)

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I love this thread dedicated to Bobby&Pam and original Dallas rocks.:) I have recently been watching episodes from the season where Bobby&Pam get divorced and they are dating Jenna&Mark. It is so sad to watch Bobby&Pam date other people when you know that still love each other and that they belong together.:(:)

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It is so sad to watch Bobby&Pam date other people when you know that still love each other and that they belong together.

Agree! It’s hard to watch them drift further and further apart. But I do like how the writers slowly brought them back together over the next two seasons and didn’t rush them back to one another so quickly. I think it was more realistic this way.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just watched the episode where Bobby meets Jenna again at Billy Bob’s and I have to say that despite wanting Bobby and Pam together I do start to get a little confused here. I really liked Jenna and Charlie and I notice that I start to root for Bobby and Jenna as they start dating again. This was around the time I started watching and Bobby and Pam were already divorced so I really only knew Bobby with Jenna up to that point.

Of course this would change for me the next season as we got closer and closer to Swan Song and I noticed that all of a sudden I was rooting for Bobby and Pam again. I mean they had to get back together. Looking back on it now I really can’t see it turning out any other way. Jenna was good for Bobby but she just wasn’t Pam.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was just watching Bobby and Pam’s Southfork wedding from season 10 DVD and I have to say that I really like the way it was done with the flashback scenes to their first wedding. I know a lot of people don’t agree with me on this but I think the flashbacks were well done. Does anyone else enjoy the flashbacks as well? I think it was pretty nice the way the writers tried to pay homage to their first marriage, even if those scenes were obviously shot at the time of their second wedding. Or should they have shown clips from Diggers Daughter instead, which I also would’ve been fine with.

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was just watching Bobby and Pam’s Southfork wedding from season 10 DVD and I have to say that I really like the way it was done with the flashback scenes to their first wedding. I know a lot of people don’t agree with me on this but I think the flashbacks were well done. Does anyone else enjoy the flashbacks as well? I think it was pretty nice the way the writers tried to pay homage to their first marriage, even if those scenes were obviously shot at the time of their second wedding. Or should they have shown clips from Diggers Daughter instead, which I also would’ve been fine with.
@DallasFanForever,I loved the flashbacks to Bobby&Pam’s first wedding even though they were very cheesy but I hate that they found out that Jenna was carrying Bobby’s baby on their wedding day after Katherine was responsible for the fake letter that ended their first marriage. :):(

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@DallasFanForever,I loved the flashbacks to Bobby&Pam’s first wedding even though they were very cheesy but I hate that they found out that Jenna was carrying Bobby’s baby on their wedding day after Katherine was responsible for the fake that ended their first marriage. :):(
Agree! The flashbacks were cheesy and of course they both looked a lot different but I do enjoy them regardless.

And I didn’t like the idea of them finding out Jenna was pregnant on their wedding day either. Ray and his big mouth! It put such a dark cloud over their wedding.

K

Karin Schill

I enjoyed the flashbacks when I first watched the episode. But looking at it now it's so obvious it wasn't filmed back then so it does look a bit silly.
It would have been better if the flashback scene would have been filmed earlier. Like around season two. I mean JR/SE got a wedding photo. So they could have filmed a flashback of Bobby & Pam's wedding in case they would need to use it later.