Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 438089" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Somewhere mid-watch, as I tried to get a handle on these characters and their various ties, I read up some character information on the <em>Hollyoaks</em> wiki. They were all so extreme and bonkers. It seemed as though every character had been shot, assaulted, died and returned or was responsible for the death of other characters. Then there are all the explosions and crashes and things dropping onto this small village. It all felt so meaningless. Tedious even.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Absolutely true. Worse still he was running around Liverpool after his <u><em>son's</em></u> lover right after saying how his niece's death had made him realise the importance of being there for children and family. Even by soap standards, there was no logic at all. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yikes. Tackier and tackier.</p><p></p><p>On that note, it raised an eyebrow that as <em>Hollyoaks Later </em>ended on the C4 app, the next suggested programme was the 1986 <em>Brookie</em> where Sheila was raped. Despite the Redmond connection (and Sheila appearing in the earlier episode), I thought the link was in very poor taste and it made me wonder about the mindset of whoever curates these suggestions.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 438089, member: 23"] Somewhere mid-watch, as I tried to get a handle on these characters and their various ties, I read up some character information on the [I]Hollyoaks[/I] wiki. They were all so extreme and bonkers. It seemed as though every character had been shot, assaulted, died and returned or was responsible for the death of other characters. Then there are all the explosions and crashes and things dropping onto this small village. It all felt so meaningless. Tedious even. Absolutely true. Worse still he was running around Liverpool after his [U][I]son's[/I][/U] lover right after saying how his niece's death had made him realise the importance of being there for children and family. Even by soap standards, there was no logic at all. Yikes. Tackier and tackier. On that note, it raised an eyebrow that as [I]Hollyoaks Later [/I]ended on the C4 app, the next suggested programme was the 1986 [I]Brookie[/I] where Sheila was raped. Despite the Redmond connection (and Sheila appearing in the earlier episode), I thought the link was in very poor taste and it made me wonder about the mindset of whoever curates these suggestions. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top