Coronation Street Corrie

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Another poor week (8th to 14th Jan) in the ratings for Coronation Street. following it's failure to make the top 15 last week this week it fails to make the Top 10, it's coming at 11th 13th and 16th place in this weeks ratings with the most watched episode being seen by 4.87m - compared to 8.36m viewers for the weeks most watched show; Gladiators. It does however come in as the most watched soap.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I never knew Dylan used to be played by twins.

IMG_4880.jpeg

I’m enjoying the bullying storyline, Lauren’s story which has me wondering if her ‘boyfriend’ is Nathan the guy who groomed Bethany. I’m 3 episodes behind, so if it’s already been revealed, ignore that!

I thought they tackled the MND story really well during its early days, but now think they’ve ruined it and the quicker they end this the better.

I also read that Summer maybe leaving the show, I hope that’s true. Billy going with her would be very welcome.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I also read that Summer maybe leaving the show, I hope that’s true. Billy going with her would be very welcome.
I think i stopped watching when Billy went over that 300 foot cliff and survived and a week later up walking.

Corrie made a bad move there. Id have RIP'ed him - just for that rictus grin and for never ever being in a so called church or even doing a Ministers job!

but now think they’ve ruined it and the quicker they end this the better.
I saw an epiosde at Xmas - think i said he is the chubbiest chops MND patient I have ever seen who doesnt even need the head support on that wheelchair

Since i dont really tune in, doesnt he live in a flat 1 up??

so how does he

A - get downstairs
B- get the power wheelchair out?

Or have they moved to a level access property??

Im presuming @Ome that Summer is still very
A- painful
B- annoying
C - irritating
D - all of the above ?

Who is Dylan ?? He is a new one on me apart from Magic Roundabout or Bob!!

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I think i stopped watching when Billy went over that 300 foot cliff and survived and a week later up walking.

Corrie made a bad move there. Id have RIP'ed him - just for that rictus grin and for never ever being in a so called church or even doing a Ministers job!

I saw an epiosde at Xmas - think i said he is the chubbiest chops MND patient I have ever seen who doesnt even need the head support on that wheelchair

Since i dont really tune in, doesnt he live in a flat 1 up??

so how does he

A - get downstairs

Or have they moved to a level access property??

Im presuming @Ome that Summer is still very
A- painful
B- annoying
C - irritating
D - all of the above ?

Who is Dylan ?? He is a new one on me apart from Magic Roundabout or Bob!!

Dylan is Sean Tully's son with Violet Wilson

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I thought Billy was a decent character until that ridiculous story. He’s worse now.

A - get downstairs
They had a stairlift installed, but I have no idea what they do with the powered chair, unless they carry it up and down.

D - all of the above ?
All of the above.

Who is Dylan ??
The child of these two.

IMG_4886.jpeg

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
They had a stairlift installed, but I have no idea what they do with the powered chair, unless they carry it up and down.
They weigh a tonne! Couldnt lift it! Patient once ran over my foot in one! Lets say I lost 2 toenails (ouch)

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Coronation Street yet again failing to make the Top 10 for the week of 15-21 January - coming in at 11th, 12th and 13th place and a 4.7m viewing figures high. For comparison the same week last year it was 8th, 10th and 11th with a viewing figures high of 5.4m viewers. So it's lost 700k viewers in the space of a year. It really is in trouble.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
1706557632992.jpeg

Oh I remember her, did she have a fling with both father and son of the Baldwins
PS is Bradley Walsh on just about every TV programme out??

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Another week another set of disappointing ratings for Corrie (22-28th January 2024)

11th, 13th and 25th in the ratings. The out of slot Tuesday gathering just 3.86m viewers.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh I remember her, did she have a fling with both father and son of the Baldwins
No. It was Leanne Battersby that was in a relationship with Jamie and then had a fling with his dad Danny. Violet was with Jamie afterwards (while he was having a fling with his dad’s wife Frankie).
PS is Bradley Walsh on just about every TV programme out??
Yes. Although he acknowledged it in an interview I saw him do a while back. Apparently all of the projects were filmed at different times but due to scheduling, they’ve all showed up on TV around the same time.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The last episode with Steve, Tracey and Tommy was awful, truly awful. I wonder who it is that think turning more and more characters into Kirk was a good idea?

The Tommy O worshipping has gone on far too long and it’s bad enough with Steve, Tim & Kirk acting like 6 year old, Kevin is now turning into cringe.

emm1978

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why do so many people talk about lying and cheating like it's something new in Coronation Street???

Have people forgotten about over 40 years ago with the Barlow & Baldwin love triangle???

Or even the very early years when Elsie Tanner had relationships with strings of married men, which she did over a period of 22 years!

I welcome all the drama... it is a "drama" serial after all...

FB_IMG_1707727956658.jpg

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She is looking good considering it’s been around 14 years since we last saw her.
View attachment 51089

I hope she is here to give Sean a hard time. I mean a really hard time
I looked her up to see what she’s been in since leaving the show and I see that she’s actually married to Rupert Hill in real life (who played Jamie Baldwin on the show). I’m not a regular viewer of Corrie at all these days but I do like when they bring a character back like this, particularly when they’ve a child onscreen. It gives a level of history and continuity compared to scenarios where parents leave a show and are never seen again, whether it’s for weddings, births or funerals.

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Corrie again fails to make the Top 10, with the two episodes broadcast the week 29 Jan to 4 Feb coming in 12th and 13th place on the weekly Top 10 including +7 data with both episodes around the 4.5m mark. That's down roughly half a million on last year.

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Corrie fails to make top 10 for week 5-11 Feb - coming in at 12th, 13th and 23rd place (out of slot Sunday episode).

For week 12-18 Feb it also fails to make the Top 10 - coming in at 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th place.

It's now 10 weeks since Corrie made the Top 10 for the week.

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Slightly better week for Corrie for the 19th-25th February with two episodes making the Top 10 - coming in at 9th and 10th place with 4.68m viewers.

Last edited: