Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
It was a bit unbelievable but Lauren is HORRIBLE and so deserved it. Can't wait till she gets her comeuppance for good.

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Surely Bethany has evidence of Bethan's bullying on her phone. She only has to show the texts to the Head Teacher!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Surely Bethany has evidence of Bethan's bullying on her phone. She only has to show the texts to the Head Teacher!
Yes, absolutely. It's another example of how ridiculous Corrie is right now.

Not only that, but there's been witnesses on the street who have seen the whole gang of girls bully Bethany. Luke, Gary, Gemma and there has to be something out there about when Nick got his brain damage back for a two week story where he threw her bag on the floor. Also Sarah has been over to Lauren's house and spoken with her mother about the bullying

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking forward to seeing Butch Dingle tonight. I think he's perfect casting. :D

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed Craig meeting his dad, but with him asking for drugs, I can't see Craig wanting to visit him again.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Funny how they make Kirk the dumbest character on Corrie, he knows absolutely nothing and yet there I was, surprised by how quickly he knew what bigamy was.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure I believe Todd is in this deal for real and maybe he's doing it to get closer to the wheeling & dealing and then expose the scam in a final showdown where Phelan is caught.

The whole story with Alex trying to get an apartment is just ludicrous, what money does he earn to pay it off? They're doing it for the sole reason of Phelan ripping off the neighbours. Next he'll be pulling Rita and Audrey in to scam them because everything has to revolve on that one street.

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Todd is about to bring Phelan down and that he is playing a clever game. I also agree that Alex getting a loan for a flat is ridiculous. How would get a mortgage and pay it off working part time at the cafe. He is not responsible enough either to be a homeowner. He would forget to lock the door, set fire to something and how would he know how to pay bills. Does he even have a bank account? Can he write a cheque, set up a direct debit, pay a mortgage, can he cook a meal, wash his clothes. It is so silly IMO.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
He is not responsible enough either to be a homeowner. He would forget to lock the door, set fire to something and how would he know how to pay bills. Does he even have a bank account? Can he write a cheque, set up a direct debit, pay a mortgage, can he cook a meal, wash his clothes. It is so silly IMO.
From what we've seen, I doubt he's capable of any of that, but this is what Corrie does, changes a characters personalty or situation to suit the need of the story.

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
He is just not capable and it is irresponsible of the PTB to suggest that he is and that he can lead a 'normal" life. He can't . He has a disability .

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Alex as a character on Corrie just isnt working for me
Its all a bit too PC and ticks a box re disablity
a bit like Dallas with Downs Syndrome and deaf children
it didnt really fit in IMHO

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really like the character of Alex - a comedy actor who really shines in the role and makes me smile.

I think that what makes the character really work is that the writers have been able to show beyond the character's disability and aren't just focussing on a box ticking culture.

He's one of my favourite Corrie characters at the moment.