Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Celebrity Scuttlebutt
Dame Barbara Windsor has died
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 247916" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>It's sad when a public figure who is loved by so many dies. I'm of an age that I grew up in an era when <em>Carry On</em> films were constantly on the TV so I always had some affection for her and was sorry to hear about her passing.</p><p></p><p>To some extent I agree with your assessment of her acting. She was able to display some competent acting skills in the early career such as in the film <em>Sparrows Can't Sing , </em>which earned her a BAFTA nomination, so even the industry recognised her abilities as an actress. However in the latter part of her career I considered her to be more of a great personality that acted than a great actress but then roles in the <em>Carry On</em> films, <em>EastEnders </em>and the Jackpot Joy Bingo adverts didn't require her to be anything more than adequate.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 247916, member: 33"] It's sad when a public figure who is loved by so many dies. I'm of an age that I grew up in an era when [I]Carry On[/I] films were constantly on the TV so I always had some affection for her and was sorry to hear about her passing. To some extent I agree with your assessment of her acting. She was able to display some competent acting skills in the early career such as in the film [I]Sparrows Can't Sing , [/I]which earned her a BAFTA nomination, so even the industry recognised her abilities as an actress. However in the latter part of her career I considered her to be more of a great personality that acted than a great actress but then roles in the [I]Carry On[/I] films, [I]EastEnders [/I]and the Jackpot Joy Bingo adverts didn't require her to be anything more than adequate. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Celebrity Scuttlebutt
Dame Barbara Windsor has died
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top