Doug Sheehan passed away

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...and I'm reasonably sure Sheehan enjoyed that Jean Hackney plotline, since he seemed to throw himself into it. It allowed him to play stuff he'd never done before (i.e. not just holding Val's purse).

A bit off-topic, but Joseph Hardy has also died. He was the Producer mastermind (if you can call it that) of the S13 revamp. He'd come from daytime, having been hired in various jobs, most notably to revamp Ryan's Hope on ABC. KL wisely showed him the door after only 13 episodes...RH was nowhere near as lucky.

Soaplover

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only positives of the Jean Hackney story was Ben having Lilimae in a headlock, caused some tension between Val/Laura, and Val had some good understated work in two scenes (one where she told Karen about driving in either an ice storm or thunder storm, and telling Lillimae that she knew in her heart Ben wasn't coming back).

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I accept I’m in a minority of one, but I loved all the Jean Hackney back story rubbish

Well I do remember liking the bit when the Gibsons go on the run - I recall Lilimae and Val having to escape out of the back of some Walmart store with the kids.... That was all ridiculous but fun, with Val and the twins yet again in jeapordy.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Here is my little tribute to Doug Sheehan, I hope you like it: