DYNASTY '69 : Trailer 1

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rewriting history, Dynasty '69 is an alternate universe which imagines what could have transpired between some of the characters in 1969. Having already made opening credits for Dynasty '69, I thought why not see if I could put together something resembling a trailer for it using some of the footage from the movies starring the actors I had accumulated. Between Dynasty actors and special guest stars the cast for the credits I did was huge, so trailer 1 just features a few of the main cast of Dynasty and The Colbys with a few of the guest stars. Trailer 2 will include more guest stars and more of the original cast.

Trailer 1 for Dynasty '69 mainly focuses on Alexis and her return to Denver in a bid to win back her family and the life she left behind. However Blake is not too pleased to see her and things don't go to plan, leading her to take drastic measures. In the other main story line Jason and Sable's marriage is in trouble which pushes Jason into the arms of Frankie, while Zac sets his sights on Sable. And some other stuff happens too...

I would have liked Sable to be more of a presence, but the only footage I could get of her was in a film where Stephanie plays a character that couldn't be less like Sable. So, unfortunately she comes across as a bit shy and weak and not very Sable-like.

I only used footage of a reasonable quality so it would all gel together so there were lots of TV movies and TV series episodes that had some great stuff in there but just wasn't usable.

Cary Grant plays Blake's Father. Bette Davis is Sable and Frankie's mother and Elizabeth Taylor plays Blake's old flame. Elizabeth will feature more prominently in Trailer 2.

Here's the original thread with the opening credits and a who's who of the guest stars:

http://www.soapchat.net/threads/dynasty-69.2008/

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Rewriting history, Dynasty '69 is an alternate universe which imagines what could have transpired between some of the characters in 1969. Having already made opening credits for Dynasty '69, I thought why not see if I could put together something resembling a trailer for it using some of the footage from the movies starring the actors I had accumulated. Between Dynasty actors and special guest stars the cast for the credits I did was huge, so trailer 1 just features a few of the main cast of Dynasty and The Colbys with a few of the guest stars. Trailer 2 will include more guest stars and more of the original cast.

Trailer 1 for Dynasty '69 mainly focuses on Alexis and her return to Denver in a bid to win back her family and the life she left behind. However Blake is not too pleased to see her and things don't go to plan, leading her to take drastic measures. In the other main story line Jason and Sable's marriage is in trouble which pushes Jason into the arms of Frankie, while Zac sets his sights on Sable. And some other stuff happens too...

I would have liked Sable to be more of a presence, but the only footage I could get of her was in a film where Stephanie plays a character that couldn't be less like Sable. So, unfortunately she comes across as a bit shy and weak and not very Sable-like.

I only used footage of a reasonable quality so it would all gel together so there were lots of TV movies and TV series episodes that had some great stuff in there but just wasn't usable.

Cary Grant plays Blake's Father. Bette Davis is Sable and Frankie's mother and Elizabeth Taylor plays Blake's old flame. Elizabeth will feature more prominently in Trailer 2.

Here's the original thread with the opening credits and a who's who of the guest stars:

http://www.soapchat.net/threads/dynasty-69.2008/

In one word, "magnificient" (Miss Piggy suggested "orgasmic"...). :loveit:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Wow! That's incredible! :clap:

I'm blown over in shock that someone like you could come up with something like this. :D

Floor.jpg

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Oh wow, just WOW! :kiss:
This is in all honesty one of the best trailers i've seen in my entire life!
Well, considering (original)Dynasty's my all time favorite show, that shouldn't be too surprising. ;)
This is made by a true fan with SO MUCH heartblood given into it. Thank you @Richard Channing ! :hug:
How many years did this take from the first idea to finally putting all the pieces together?

How i would LOVE to actually watch that show! If only computer animation would be so good already or at least affordable for everyone of us so we could make it by ourselves.
Everyone here could make suggestions in therfore created threads and one of the ideas gets randomly picked, so that in the end it would still be a surprise for anyone, how the story continues week by week. Wouldn't that be great?! Just think of all those cliffhangers and possible twists. And we would sit and watch it all at the same time and wondering, which idea made it that week! :spinning:

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How many years did this take from the first idea to finally putting all the pieces together?

lol, not years but it was a lot of work. It was worth it though to be kinda, sorta, director of my own vintage Dynasty.

Episode 1 should be ready by 2021, so y'know, not long now. :D

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Alexis in those clips is even more mysterious and fabulous! I am so bloody pissed I cant watch this! I love the main angle for the prequel are Alexis and Blake's break up and Jason's affair with Frankie. Such care went into getting that to work out. I actually see that as what early Sable was like too. Much more natural and unaffected. Naïve and innocent. It's perfectly done.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alexis in those clips is even more mysterious and fabulous! I am so bloody pissed I cant watch this! I love the main angle for the prequel are Alexis and Blake's break up and Jason's affair with Frankie. Such care went into getting that to work out. I actually see that as what early Sable was like too. Much more natural and unaffected. Naïve and innocent. It's perfectly done.

Glad you like it Alexis. As much as I would have liked to have Alexis and Sable sparring in this, I'm kind of ok with the idea that Sable grew into that fierce creature we saw in the 80's, that, as you say, she started out quite naïve and innocent. Anyway, if things go to plan Alexis will be taking out her aggression on Elizabeth Taylor instead in Trailer 2. :D

@Richard Channing What film were the clips of Filoli from?

The Filoli clips are from two different films. The scenes with the helicopter are from 'Heaven Can Wait', the suicide scenes are from 'The Game'. The one thing I really wanted but couldn't find was a clip where the camera was fast approaching Filoli. I kinda had one for the opening credits but it wasn't fast enough. But I lucked out cause, having looked at every piece of footage of Filoli out there, exactly what I was looking for was uploaded to youtube sometime in September. So that first shot you see approaching a misty Filoli came from this:

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Glad you like it Alexis. As much as I would have liked to have Alexis and Sable sparring in this, I'm kind of ok with the idea that Sable grew into that fierce creature we saw in the 80's, that, as you say, she started out quite naïve and innocent. Anyway, if things go to plan Alexis will be taking out her aggression on Elizabeth Taylor instead in Trailer 2. :D

The Filoli clips are from two different films. The scenes with the helicopter are from 'Heaven Can Wait', the suicide scenes are from 'The Game'. The one thing I really wanted couldn't find but was a clip where the camera was fast approaching Filoli. I kinda had one for the opening credits but it wasn't fast enough. But I lucked out cause, having looked at every piece of footage of Filoli out there, exactly what I was looking for was uploaded to youtube sometime in September. So that first shot you see approaching a misty Filoli came from this:

I had thought the suicide scene was from The Game, I loved that film but haven't saw it in years and couldn't remember if those were flashback scenes from that. They are sort of quick cut aren't they in the film and look like old movies? As far as I remember they also filmed in the kitchen too, but I guess it looks too 90s? I cant really remember. And they also filmed inside the house with graffiti on the walls.

Young innocent Sable is always something I imagined. Her looking up to the glamourous Alexis. The same with Caress, I see her as always wanting to be as beautiful and glamourous as Alexis but maybe going a little overboard with it being younger. It's all so well done and I cant wait for Trailer 2.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They are sort of quick cut aren't they in the film and look like old movies? As far as I remember they also filmed in the kitchen too, but I guess it looks too 90s?

Yes, they are flashbacks done in the style of an old movie. I'm not sure in the context of my video who it is that kills themselves, just that Blake is implicated and perhaps this give Alexis the upper hand when it comes to taking/kidnapping the children. But the good thing about a trailer is you don't have to give answers or resolutions, just suggest things.

There were scenes in the kitchen but nothing I could use.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh wow, just WOW! :kiss:
This is in all honesty one of the best trailers i've seen in my entire life!
Well, considering (original)Dynasty's my all time favorite show, that shouldn't be too surprising. ;)
This is made by a true fan with SO MUCH heartblood given into it. Thank you @Richard Channing ! :hug:

You are welcome and thank you Matthew! :hugs:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ahhh, all the untapped potential we all see in the show.

I've decided that modern digital imagery can replace Donna Reed's head with BBG's on that year of DALLAS. So why can't the same be done to create an online '60s prequel for DYNASTY?

Well, dammit, I say it can -- especially if @Richard Channing is running the show!

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great, but include Christopher Cazenove as Ben and Michael Parks as Philip as both are essential characters in the Dynasty backstory. You could include Ben and Emily Fallmont during the fire.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great, but include Christopher Cazenove as Ben and Michael Parks as Philip as both are essential characters in the Dynasty backstory. You could include Ben and Emily Fallmont during the fire.

I would have loved to have included Ben and Philip, but unfortunately there just wasn't footage of a reasonable quality of Parks or Cazenove around that time that I could use.

I did consider the Fallmonts when I was doing the opening credits but in the end I think I only went with with characters who had an opening credit on the show. Otherwise it was just getting to be too many. Also, I'm not sure how I would weave them into the story in 1969.