Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 266339" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>It's always nice to see someone being so passionate about the things he/she likes. His joy is contagious although he might be overselling it a little bit (I don't know, I haven't seen the movie).</p><p></p><p>My only "issue" with Bette Davis is that her somewhat grotesque appearance blurs the contrast between actress and the wild performance, it all feels a bit like stating the obvious.</p><p>I think it's more fun when these old movie bitches try to appear very dignified, and <em>then</em> fail to do so - Barbara Stanwyck style.</p><p>But it also works the other way round, it's more fun when an actress known for her angelic beauty "destroys" that imago when she plays the brutal and hysterical hag.</p><p>And that's why I think Olivia De Havilland is the bigger selling point of HHSC. At least from a hag horror point of view.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 266339, member: 8"] It's always nice to see someone being so passionate about the things he/she likes. His joy is contagious although he might be overselling it a little bit (I don't know, I haven't seen the movie). My only "issue" with Bette Davis is that her somewhat grotesque appearance blurs the contrast between actress and the wild performance, it all feels a bit like stating the obvious. I think it's more fun when these old movie bitches try to appear very dignified, and [I]then[/I] fail to do so - Barbara Stanwyck style. But it also works the other way round, it's more fun when an actress known for her angelic beauty "destroys" that imago when she plays the brutal and hysterical hag. And that's why I think Olivia De Havilland is the bigger selling point of HHSC. At least from a hag horror point of view. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top