Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 310917" data-attributes="member: 7"><p style="text-align: justify">It's a shame something so potentially creepy as STRAIT-JACKET ended up such a mess. But Castle thought he was going to make his masterpiece with the movie, and Crawford promoted it endlessly, touring the country to appear at openings of the picture with her basket of small axes riding along with her. That infuriated Davis, who endlessly promoted BABY JANE (aiming to win that third Oscar), but Crawford didn't do too much publicly for their movie, which Davis found foolish. </p><p></p><p style="text-align: justify">BABY JANE easily comes in first place for me. Not only is it one of my favorite movies, I believe Davis and Crawford both turn in strong performances, and it's definitely helped cement their place in pop culture, even if their legends have been morphed down to (mostly) one movie.</p> <p style="text-align: justify"></p> <p style="text-align: justify">I do really enjoy CHARLOTTE, and I think it's second best when in comparison to BABY JANE. I might be inclined to like it more if Joan had stuck it out and stayed on as Miriam. I've never been a big fan of Olivia, although I think she offers a sly and breezy contrast to Bette's Charlotte that echoes well for what the movie's going for. CHARLOTTE is one of those movies that I have recast in my head a few different times. Naturally, I've recast Olivia with Joan, but I've also toyed with the idea of either Barbara Stanwyck, Vivien Leigh, or even Loretta Young stepping in for Joan. </p> <p style="text-align: justify"></p> <p style="text-align: justify">Having the production stills of Joan as Miriam helps with the fantasy of having her in the finished product. </p> <p style="text-align: justify"></p> <p style="text-align: justify">[ATTACH=full]34003[/ATTACH] </p> <p style="text-align: justify"></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 310917, member: 7"] [JUSTIFY]It's a shame something so potentially creepy as STRAIT-JACKET ended up such a mess. But Castle thought he was going to make his masterpiece with the movie, and Crawford promoted it endlessly, touring the country to appear at openings of the picture with her basket of small axes riding along with her. That infuriated Davis, who endlessly promoted BABY JANE (aiming to win that third Oscar), but Crawford didn't do too much publicly for their movie, which Davis found foolish. [/JUSTIFY] [JUSTIFY]BABY JANE easily comes in first place for me. Not only is it one of my favorite movies, I believe Davis and Crawford both turn in strong performances, and it's definitely helped cement their place in pop culture, even if their legends have been morphed down to (mostly) one movie. I do really enjoy CHARLOTTE, and I think it's second best when in comparison to BABY JANE. I might be inclined to like it more if Joan had stuck it out and stayed on as Miriam. I've never been a big fan of Olivia, although I think she offers a sly and breezy contrast to Bette's Charlotte that echoes well for what the movie's going for. CHARLOTTE is one of those movies that I have recast in my head a few different times. Naturally, I've recast Olivia with Joan, but I've also toyed with the idea of either Barbara Stanwyck, Vivien Leigh, or even Loretta Young stepping in for Joan. Having the production stills of Joan as Miriam helps with the fantasy of having her in the finished product. [ATTACH type="full" width="343px"]34003[/ATTACH] [/JUSTIFY] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top