Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 390627" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I suppose the DIE! DIE! MY DARLING! title has aged better. It also stays within the parameters of the type of titles these "grande dame guignol" movies had -- well, the titles some of them had. </p><p></p><p>Just as you said, the film gets a little long-winded. BABY JANE, I suppose, gets a little lengthy, too, but I can overlook that because I so like the Davis-Crawford pairing. </p><p></p><p>The color camera work I think works on well for DIE! DIE! MY DARLING! and I like the British locales that give the movie a style of its own. </p><p></p><p>I think you're right about LADY IN A CAGE -- I believe the son "offs" himself sometime before the start of the story. </p><p></p><p>Tallulah didn't have much of a film career, so it is hard to judge this movie. I'd definitely say this and LIFEBOAT were her best roles, even though I've yet to see her '30s movies where Paramount wanted to groom her as an "American Dietrich" or some mess like that. </p><p></p><p>I wish Tallulah had done another "grande dame guignol" style movie in her time. But where else would she have fit? </p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]51397[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 390627, member: 7"] I suppose the DIE! DIE! MY DARLING! title has aged better. It also stays within the parameters of the type of titles these "grande dame guignol" movies had -- well, the titles some of them had. Just as you said, the film gets a little long-winded. BABY JANE, I suppose, gets a little lengthy, too, but I can overlook that because I so like the Davis-Crawford pairing. The color camera work I think works on well for DIE! DIE! MY DARLING! and I like the British locales that give the movie a style of its own. I think you're right about LADY IN A CAGE -- I believe the son "offs" himself sometime before the start of the story. Tallulah didn't have much of a film career, so it is hard to judge this movie. I'd definitely say this and LIFEBOAT were her best roles, even though I've yet to see her '30s movies where Paramount wanted to groom her as an "American Dietrich" or some mess like that. I wish Tallulah had done another "grande dame guignol" style movie in her time. But where else would she have fit? [ATTACH type="full"]51397[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top