Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Top Jimmy" data-source="post: 54727" data-attributes="member: 255"><p>I recently watched <em>Baby Jane</em> again after so many years, and I still enjoyed it, although it's somewhat marred by the stupidity/implausibility of Blanche and her family doctor in one scene and the actions of some of the other characters. </p><p><em></em></p><p><em>Hush Hush</em> is very similar to <em>Baby Jane</em>, but somehow quite different. Except for some gimmicky William Castle-like scenes, I would consider it an A picture. The setting is great, and Bette is wonderful in a sympathetic role. She has good support from Olivia de Havilland, Joseph Cotten, Agnes Moorehead, and Mary Astor in a cameo appearance. </p><p></p><p><em>Strait-Jacket</em> is good and suspenseful, but not great. Joan is histrionic, but effective in her role. It has its creepy, scary moments. </p><p></p><p><em>I Saw What You Did</em> is silly, but fun. Joan has a small role, but the movie is worth seeing for her "you have to see it to believe it" performance and a twist on a popular suspense movie scene from that era. </p><p></p><p>I saw <em>Lady on a Cag</em>e once, but don't remember that much about it. The same for <em>Fanatic</em>. <em>Night Walker </em>was pretty good and keeps you guessing. </p><p></p><p>I remember that <em>What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice</em> was very good, with an interesting surprise or two. </p><p></p><p><em>Beserk </em>is basically trash, but only worth watching to see how the victims will die and the rivalry between Joan and a trampy Diana Dors. </p><p></p><p>I agree that <em>The Nanny</em> is one of Bette's best performances, and <em>Dead Ringer</em> is worth watching as well. </p><p></p><p><em>What's the Matter with Helen</em>? is a very bizarre movie, made interesting by the casting against type of Debbie Reynolds. Her co-star Shelley Winters played a crazy wacko and apparently acted like that while filming the movie, causing Debbie to take delight in a scene where she slaps Shelley. </p><p></p><p>I recommend watching <em>Scream of Fear (1961).</em> It's not a hag horror movie, but it has some interesting plot twists and one or two genuine scares. It stars Susan Strasberg and Christopher Lee has a small role.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Top Jimmy, post: 54727, member: 255"] I recently watched [I]Baby Jane[/I] again after so many years, and I still enjoyed it, although it's somewhat marred by the stupidity/implausibility of Blanche and her family doctor in one scene and the actions of some of the other characters. [I] Hush Hush[/I] is very similar to [I]Baby Jane[/I], but somehow quite different. Except for some gimmicky William Castle-like scenes, I would consider it an A picture. The setting is great, and Bette is wonderful in a sympathetic role. She has good support from Olivia de Havilland, Joseph Cotten, Agnes Moorehead, and Mary Astor in a cameo appearance. [I]Strait-Jacket[/I] is good and suspenseful, but not great. Joan is histrionic, but effective in her role. It has its creepy, scary moments. [I]I Saw What You Did[/I] is silly, but fun. Joan has a small role, but the movie is worth seeing for her "you have to see it to believe it" performance and a twist on a popular suspense movie scene from that era. I saw [I]Lady on a Cag[/I]e once, but don't remember that much about it. The same for [I]Fanatic[/I]. [I]Night Walker [/I]was pretty good and keeps you guessing. I remember that [I]What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice[/I] was very good, with an interesting surprise or two. [I]Beserk [/I]is basically trash, but only worth watching to see how the victims will die and the rivalry between Joan and a trampy Diana Dors. I agree that [I]The Nanny[/I] is one of Bette's best performances, and [I]Dead Ringer[/I] is worth watching as well. [I]What's the Matter with Helen[/I]? is a very bizarre movie, made interesting by the casting against type of Debbie Reynolds. Her co-star Shelley Winters played a crazy wacko and apparently acted like that while filming the movie, causing Debbie to take delight in a scene where she slaps Shelley. I recommend watching [I]Scream of Fear (1961).[/I] It's not a hag horror movie, but it has some interesting plot twists and one or two genuine scares. It stars Susan Strasberg and Christopher Lee has a small role. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top