Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is an incomplete story I began probably ten years ago (I have piece of another unfinished story somewhere, and I plan to eventually complete that one. This one, however, is altogether too similar to my later "The Cowboy and the Lady" to put any further work into it.

“And now, it’s my great please to introduce to you, the 20th governor of the Great State of Texas, Ms. Donna Culver Krebbs!”

There were flashbulbs, loads of confetti, loud applause, and all the other pomp and circumstance that came with politics. She smiled and waved to the crowd as she walked across the stage. She commanded the room’s attention, just like always, as she reached the peak of her political career. It had been a long, hard road, though, and not always an easy one. She was a widow, then a divorcee, and now the ex-lover of one of Washington’s most powerful senators. Today, though, she stood alone, in front of admirers and reporters. Tomorrow her face would be in all the papers, and everyone whom she’d met over the years, both friends and enemies, would read an article about the working single mother who balanced her life and career so well. She was so thankful for this opportunity to give back to the people of her home state once again. But like always, in the shadow of the limelight, when she stepped back from the microphone, there was one person whom she considered. The person she had loved and lost. And the only person whom she cared about that wasn’t here at this moment.

Karin Schill

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting start Tommie. :)

Actually I think it's quite different from "The Cowboy and The lady" so far since in that story we got to follow Donna as she campaigned to become the governor and here she's already reached that goal. So if it wasn't for that she and Ray are apart in this story this could almost be like a sequel to that one... ;)

Anyway I look forward to read more of this. :danc:

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There isn't much to read. I only wrote about four pages, I guess this one was intended to be told in reverse, although only Ray and Miss Ellie were featured in this story whereas the other one I tried to cram as many characters into it as I could

Karin Schill

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well then I look forward to read the four pages that there is. :)