• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Jenna loves Charlie

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Sorry I can't find a link to it but this scene has always bothered me, I suppose from the point of view that I feel that all children should be loved equally by their parents. I understand that unfortunately isn't always the case and certainly not in Dallas!

Jenna and Charlie are in a pizza restaurant and Jenna is heavily pregnant with Lucas. She is reassuring Charlie that she has nothing to worry about regarding the baby's arrival, and that although Lucas will be loved, she will 'never love anyone as much as I do you', meaning Charlie.

Is that right...to say that to a child? Doesn't this give Charlie an inflated sense of importance in her mother's life and something to throw at Lucas if she ever wanted to? Siblings can and do fight and cast things up. There is a big age difference between Charlie and Lucas but I still don't think it was very responsible of Jenna to tell her daughter that she would always love her more than her next child...

1612709386935.png

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree. It’s no wonder Charlie went so spectacularly off the rails later on. Plus, being Bobby’s baby I’m not even sure she was telling the truth there. Charlie was Naldo’s child- a man she hated with good reason, so, if there was to be a favourite, which I don’t condone, wouldn’t it have been Lucas? :)

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was a stupid thing for Jenna to say but then Jenna's stupidity was only eclipsed by her annoyance factor.

The other side to it though is that Jenna was yet to bond with her unborn child, Charlie was her first born so that would always make her daughter special to her, so at that point in time it is understandable that she might think she loved Charlie more but that would change when she gave birth.

Billy Wall

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I feel that parents would say just about anything to their kids to make them feel better. Plus, Jenna is extremely close to Charlie because all they had was each other. Another thing is Lucas will never have to want for anything unlike Charlie, that right there makes Jenna more relatable to Charlie.

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She should have worded it better, but I get where she was coming from.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, my son was 5. He had been the center of my universe and he and I were both worried about how a new baby would affect our closeness.

I never told him I wouldn't love his sister as much as I loved him, because I knew I WOULD love my baby. But...I did doubt that I would ever have the closeness with her that I had with him.

Truly bonding with a child takes time. It isn't instant - and I guess maybe that's what Jenna was feeling?

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the way Jenna should’ve worded it was that she would never love Lucas more than she loves Charlie, just differently. Saying she would never love Lucas as much as she loves Charlie was wrong.
That's what I was thinking. She should have said she'd never love anyone "more than I do you."
The other side to it though is that Jenna was yet to bond with her unborn child, Charlie was her first born so that would always make her daughter special to her, so at that point in time it is understandable that she might think she loved Charlie more but that would change when she gave birth.
That was my other point. She's predicting a future that may not come true.