Karl Lagerfeld dies, aged 85

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld has died. He was 85.

RIP

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Funnily enough yesterday I was watching Catwalk '95 on YouTube when I heard Lagerfeld was dead. It's a documentary mostly featuring Christie Turlington as she goes about Paris and New York fashion week for the Spring Summer 94 shows. It also features Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, what seems like a prepubescent Kate Moss, and Amber Valletta among others. Then there are all the designers too, Lagerfeld at Chanel. Then there was Versace, Valentino, Gautier, Galliano, and many, many others. It's a great documentary if you are into Fashion. Through the film I learned that Lagerfeld was once an assistant to Pierre Balmain, perhaps in the '50s.

I also ended up watching another fashion documentary about the new head designer at Balmain preparing for his catwalk show. And then I was very much hooked on the fashion docs and ended up finding another one on Netflix. 7 Days Out, about Lagerfeld preparing for his couture show in Paris for fashion week.

All totally fascinating. I love a good fashion documentary. Lagerfeld was undoubtedly a genius. When he took on Chanel in 1983 everyone told him he was mad, that the house was dead. He totally turned it around.

Last edited:

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Diversity in Hollywood obviously stops when casting foreign actors who aren't Australian, British, Canadian, Irish or New Zealanders... Only a few years ago they would've cast Omar Sharif for the role with Miss Piggy as Choupette!

Last edited: