Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Locations
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="johnmmil10" data-source="post: 254531" data-attributes="member: 138"><p>I believe the interior scenes would have been shot at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galeria (4801 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy) since that is the hotel that was providing production support at the time. Their pool (formerly enclosed) shows up in the series a few times so I suspect that this is their ballroom. </p><p></p><p>Funny aside. I was supposed to attend a workshop at this hotel last spring just as the pandemic was getting in full swing. I was the only one of my coworkers looking forward to attending, although it was just because Dallas filmed there! The workshop ended up getting canceled so I have still not ventured to the hotel in person.</p><p></p><p>Back to the location. The exterior is footage from LA. I suspect it was shot just outside the Mark Taper Forum (approximately from this location: <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0577016,-118.24811,3a,75y,282.11h,102.93t/data=!3m11!1e1!3m9!1sAF1QipMaodZc8hIEM9LPfwOOZwP9axZafGxR6gxC8llk!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMaodZc8hIEM9LPfwOOZwP9axZafGxR6gxC8llk%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya45.67159-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352!9m2!1b1!2i38" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0577016,-118.24811,3a,75y,282.11h,102.93t/data=!3m11!1e1!3m9!1sAF1QipMaodZc8hIEM9LPfwOOZwP9axZafGxR6gxC8llk!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMaodZc8hIEM9LPfwOOZwP9axZafGxR6gxC8llk=w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya45.67159-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352!9m2!1b1!2i38</a>). Although the location in Google Maps does not line up perfectly, it does give you an idea of the rounded portion of the building shown on the right screen, the covered walkway and looking onwards to the Power and Water building shown on the left of the screen. Fountains near the P&W building can be seen on screen. </p><p></p><p>The fountains at the Power and Water building appear on screen once more in season 12 in a scene with Sue Ellen and Don Lockwood.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="johnmmil10, post: 254531, member: 138"] I believe the interior scenes would have been shot at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galeria (4801 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy) since that is the hotel that was providing production support at the time. Their pool (formerly enclosed) shows up in the series a few times so I suspect that this is their ballroom. Funny aside. I was supposed to attend a workshop at this hotel last spring just as the pandemic was getting in full swing. I was the only one of my coworkers looking forward to attending, although it was just because Dallas filmed there! The workshop ended up getting canceled so I have still not ventured to the hotel in person. Back to the location. The exterior is footage from LA. I suspect it was shot just outside the Mark Taper Forum (approximately from this location: [URL]https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0577016,-118.24811,3a,75y,282.11h,102.93t/data=!3m11!1e1!3m9!1sAF1QipMaodZc8hIEM9LPfwOOZwP9axZafGxR6gxC8llk!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMaodZc8hIEM9LPfwOOZwP9axZafGxR6gxC8llk%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya45.67159-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352!9m2!1b1!2i38[/URL]). Although the location in Google Maps does not line up perfectly, it does give you an idea of the rounded portion of the building shown on the right screen, the covered walkway and looking onwards to the Power and Water building shown on the left of the screen. Fountains near the P&W building can be seen on screen. The fountains at the Power and Water building appear on screen once more in season 12 in a scene with Sue Ellen and Don Lockwood. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Locations
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top