Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 315103" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>Although I'm not a huge fan of the ABC I would be more than happy if Neighbours found a new home there. I also wouldn't mind if our tax dollars were spent in procuring the brand and with ongoing production costs. If the series in its current form makes a profit this could be a handy little earner for the ABC and I can see Neighbours being a good fit for a non-commercial network. </p><p></p><p>I'll admit I no longer watch the series but I'd prefer to see some Australian content on our small screens, employing actors, script writers, producers etc. It's very difficult for any commercial network to attempt to get a new series off the ground with our current viewing habits...Neighbours has a built in base viewer.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 315103, member: 100"] Although I'm not a huge fan of the ABC I would be more than happy if Neighbours found a new home there. I also wouldn't mind if our tax dollars were spent in procuring the brand and with ongoing production costs. If the series in its current form makes a profit this could be a handy little earner for the ABC and I can see Neighbours being a good fit for a non-commercial network. I'll admit I no longer watch the series but I'd prefer to see some Australian content on our small screens, employing actors, script writers, producers etc. It's very difficult for any commercial network to attempt to get a new series off the ground with our current viewing habits...Neighbours has a built in base viewer. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top