Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 316292" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>The four nights a week scheduling is a recent enough development. It's aired from Monday to Friday for most of it's run but Seven stopped airing it on Friday's a few years ago to make way for AFL coverage. Instead of dropping an episode (which would've messed up international broadcasts / sales) they just air a double episode on Thursdays now instead, so they're still technically airing 5 x 22 minute episodes each week, just over four nights instead of five.</p><p></p><p>I think the extra shortfall in episodes compared to <em>Neighbours</em> is down to <em>H&A</em> taking more breaks during the year. Both shows always took a Christmas break but I think <em>Neighbours</em> started broadcasting year round a while ago (I seem to recall Channel 5 making a big deal of the news at the time). In addition to this, <em>H&A</em> has taken midsummer breaks every time the Olympics are on.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 316292, member: 673"] The four nights a week scheduling is a recent enough development. It's aired from Monday to Friday for most of it's run but Seven stopped airing it on Friday's a few years ago to make way for AFL coverage. Instead of dropping an episode (which would've messed up international broadcasts / sales) they just air a double episode on Thursdays now instead, so they're still technically airing 5 x 22 minute episodes each week, just over four nights instead of five. I think the extra shortfall in episodes compared to [I]Neighbours[/I] is down to [I]H&A[/I] taking more breaks during the year. Both shows always took a Christmas break but I think [I]Neighbours[/I] started broadcasting year round a while ago (I seem to recall Channel 5 making a big deal of the news at the time). In addition to this, [I]H&A[/I] has taken midsummer breaks every time the Olympics are on. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top