Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 333200" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Yes - I wouldn't have realised it was the same guy if someone hadn't pointed it out to me. The actor has evidently spoken of a battle with alopecia, and I'd be curious to know if the hair loss has been addressed or commented upon in the series. But I daren't search anything until tomorrow.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Absolutely, yes. I don't remember blonde Lucy at all from when she was younger. The last one I recall was the one we first saw when Lucy came back from Paris as a haughty teen. I found this difference a struggle, but she clicked with me a day or so ago during a conversation with Paul on a patio or terrace where I realised she resembled Helen Daniels from some angles. I like that she's still stirring the pot a little, as I do remember even Kylie Flinker's Lucy being quite spoilt and selfish at times.</p><p></p><p>As you said, it's quite a shock to see the physical difference between Sophie and Terese. It's so easy to forget that was over three decades ago. Back in her <em>H&A</em> days I found Sophie quite bland, she was just a generic, good-looking teenager. Grown-up Rebekah seems a far more interesting character and in a very short space of time I've grown quite fond of Paul's second Terry.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I can completely see what you mean.</p><p></p><p>During a couple of scenes, I've seen a bit of Rowena Wallace in there as well.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p><em>Neighbours</em> still works as a series for me and I'm surprised how quickly I've been able to invest. It makes the fact that it's ending that much sadder, but on the other hand if it wasn't ending I'd probably never have made the effort to watch.</p><p></p><p></p><p>There's no question in my mind it's going to go out on a high, but I wonder if my secret wish for a little Barry Crocker will be realised.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 333200, member: 23"] Yes - I wouldn't have realised it was the same guy if someone hadn't pointed it out to me. The actor has evidently spoken of a battle with alopecia, and I'd be curious to know if the hair loss has been addressed or commented upon in the series. But I daren't search anything until tomorrow. Absolutely, yes. I don't remember blonde Lucy at all from when she was younger. The last one I recall was the one we first saw when Lucy came back from Paris as a haughty teen. I found this difference a struggle, but she clicked with me a day or so ago during a conversation with Paul on a patio or terrace where I realised she resembled Helen Daniels from some angles. I like that she's still stirring the pot a little, as I do remember even Kylie Flinker's Lucy being quite spoilt and selfish at times. As you said, it's quite a shock to see the physical difference between Sophie and Terese. It's so easy to forget that was over three decades ago. Back in her [I]H&A[/I] days I found Sophie quite bland, she was just a generic, good-looking teenager. Grown-up Rebekah seems a far more interesting character and in a very short space of time I've grown quite fond of Paul's second Terry. I can completely see what you mean. During a couple of scenes, I've seen a bit of Rowena Wallace in there as well. [I]Neighbours[/I] still works as a series for me and I'm surprised how quickly I've been able to invest. It makes the fact that it's ending that much sadder, but on the other hand if it wasn't ending I'd probably never have made the effort to watch. There's no question in my mind it's going to go out on a high, but I wonder if my secret wish for a little Barry Crocker will be realised. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top