Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Swami" data-source="post: 98707" data-attributes="member: 13"><p>Having woken up this morning to another fall of snow, is it just me or does anyone else find that when the snow and ice arrives, the worst drivers possible also turn out in their droves?</p><p></p><p>I certainly wouldn't say I enjoy driving in the snow, but I firmly believe it sharpens your skills. Some of the driving I have seen out and about today has been awful, people can't judge their distances between the vehicle in front and the vehicle behind, they automatically assume the main roads are frost/ice-free which, over here, is a dangerous assumption to make.</p><p></p><p>Some of the worst drivers are those in 4x4s. Yes, 4WD is a useful addition in wintry weather, but if the driver insists on driving like a lunatic, 4WD won't help one little bit.</p><p></p><p>Another reason why the UK driving test is in major need of overhaul. If you pass your test in anytime between March and October, you are unlikely to encounter much in the way of snow and/or ice. Before the test can be passed, all new drivers need to have experience in all weather conditions, in my view.</p><p></p><p>Swami</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Swami, post: 98707, member: 13"] Having woken up this morning to another fall of snow, is it just me or does anyone else find that when the snow and ice arrives, the worst drivers possible also turn out in their droves? I certainly wouldn't say I enjoy driving in the snow, but I firmly believe it sharpens your skills. Some of the driving I have seen out and about today has been awful, people can't judge their distances between the vehicle in front and the vehicle behind, they automatically assume the main roads are frost/ice-free which, over here, is a dangerous assumption to make. Some of the worst drivers are those in 4x4s. Yes, 4WD is a useful addition in wintry weather, but if the driver insists on driving like a lunatic, 4WD won't help one little bit. Another reason why the UK driving test is in major need of overhaul. If you pass your test in anytime between March and October, you are unlikely to encounter much in the way of snow and/or ice. Before the test can be passed, all new drivers need to have experience in all weather conditions, in my view. Swami [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Random things you hate
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top