nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E19 Use Or Be Used

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Yeah I know that there are some people speculating that Liam actually may be working with Alexis, but there's something in the synopsis for the next episode that makes it highly unlikely...

Highly suspicious of Fallon's new husband, Alexis decides to meddle in her love life.

I mean, if Liam & Alexis really were colluding together, the show would have dropped major hints pointing in that direction already. And so far there's nothing on screen that indicates this. And I know this show is trying so hard to make people like Liam because oh gosh darn it he's such a wonderful guy! But I still don't buy it.

I do like the theories that Liam might be a con artist or a reporter working undercover to expose dirt on the Carringtons and he's using Fallon to get intel, (although I'm hoping it's not the latter because didn't we just go through this with the Rick Morales storyline already? At least maybe Liam being a con artist would help explain a lot of the weird stuff going on with his character). Anyways I am praying this is the episode where we finally learn the truth about Liam's past once and for all, regardless of whether or not he and Fallon do the dirty deed.

JeffUSA

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I suspect there is more to Liam's character than just being a nice guy (I'm hoping, REALLY HOPING, he's NOT Adam...it would be almost too ludicrous), but would it be so terrible for him to be a decent guy? Someone to balance Fallon's tempestuous behavior. She needs a person to support her when she behaves badly. Eventually, after getting used to living the good life (being a "lounge lizard") he could do something to annoy her and they could recreate this scene!

Last edited:

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
The problem is that Liam can't be just a decent guy. Since this is a soap opera, there has to be some skeletons in his closet one way or another. And we already know there's something weird going on with Liam; we just don't know what it is yet. Apparently for some reason the writers want us to get invested into this character on some level, like there's some importance to his character somehow but we don't really know why and there's barely a satisfactory explanation for it, but... the way that Liam has simply come out of nowhere with so little of his backstory revealed... and also especially since he may ultimately be a replacement for Michael... it's such a major turn-off for me.

And that's why I can't really trust him - because I'm afraid that somewhere down the line it's going to turn out that he's an opportunistic monster that wants to destroy Fallon and her family yet again just like Jeff. I think that's the message that the show's going for - that you cannot trust anyone, not even your own family. The one person you can trust and rely on is yourself. Maybe Liam's going to turn out to be the type of character that Michael was in the original. I have this weird notion that maybe Michael might be this reboot's version of Miles since he appears to be nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I still say Liam is Adam. Alexis already pressed Liam about being married to Fallon. I have already mentioned on here his name, Liam, is not traceable other than DNA. But no one has done that yet. The fact that he and Fallon have not done more than a simple kiss is telling. And this Alexis obviously doesn't have the money or tools to figure it out. They stopped looking in the original. We didn't know about a long lost brother in the original until Michael Torrence was introduced

On top of that it was introduced as a plot point with Alexis telling Steven he had a brother.

I don't think Liam and Alexis are working together. I think that makes a better story. His existence is already weird with people at the funeral associating him with another family.

I have said that he can't be another Michael. You already have Culhane(how he was really mentioned in the original series). It's weird to me how Adam is 4 characters and Liam is. And 4 characters out of Michael can spell Liam.

Michael Torrence showed up in Fallon's life out of the blue and was a love interest. Same in nuDyasty.

Liam's even helping Fallon take her mother down without knowing. Just like Michael Torrence didn't understand what he was doing

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It airs tonight!!! :byebye:

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I knew it! I knew there was something wrong with Liam. And I was right! This whole time he was an undercover reporter writing an expose on the Carringtons... or so Fallon thinks. Honestly it doesn't even matter - he still lied to her and used her. He could've come clean anytime but he didn't. And that's something Fallon cannot forgive. If he really loved her he should know that Fallon has major trust issues and now he's crossed a line that he can never take back.

At any rate I'm glad he's gone - for the time being. Liam was so bland and dull and he really felt out of place in the show. He just basically dragged down what has otherwise been a solid story in the Alexis arc. I feel that there's still some unfinished business with him.

Honestly this Liam story has to be one of the worst I've ever seen - and even now the writers can't even fully commit to the whole writing an expose on the Carringtons reveal and they did a major cop out at the last minute with Liam's lame excuse that he's writing about his family. I mean, really? I'm supposed to believe that?!

Even if that's true, I don't see Fallon ever wanting to do anything with him ever again. Liam can crawl back on his knees and beg Fallon to forgive him but she'll still turn him away. If the writers really want Fallon & Liam to happen at this point, then Liam is going to work extra hard to win back Fallon's trust.

And even now I still can't shake off this feeling that maybe Liam might still turn out to be Adam. The way that Liam was talking about his "family" seemed like way too coincidental. I mean, how many dysfunctional rich families are living out there in Atlanta, especially those as wealthy as the Carringtons?

I'm glad Sammy Jo was there to console Fallon at the end. Poor girl. Seeing her so brokenhearted and snuggling up to her dog really broke my heart. For her to have this happen to her again... I won't be surprised if she becomes even more cynical and jaded and less willing to trust people. And people wonder why she can't trust other people.

And I see that Michael still appears to love Fallon but maybe he's still scared to admit his feelings. I seriously want these two to get together already. I'm having enough of this crap. I don't care if they're unpopular, damn it!

Michael's a good guy at his core and I know he still loves Fallon. I think he's just afraid that he won't be able to rely on Fallon when the going gets good. And part of him is still hurt that Fallon tried to use him in a scheme to avoid marrying Jeff.

Also I forgot to mention this too but I'm not liking where the writers are going with Cristal & Blake's marriage. When Cristal told Blake that she's afraid of him and Blake told her that she should be, that sent up a major red flag in my mind.

At this point, Cristal needs to forget about her marriage and run back to Venezuela with Sammy Jo because sooner or later, it's going to get really ugly. Blake might even do anything to save his own skin, even throw Cristal under the bus. Actually I'm wondering why Alexis & Blake are even divorced because these two appear to be cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It really feels like they're done with the Colby's doesn't it?

Jeff was just pathethic. I hope he DIES.....

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
@Ked Well it's not like she has any family in America other than Sammy Jo. And if she tries to move anywhere else in the U.S. Blake will do everything possible to sabotage her efforts. So she's better off moving back to Venezuela

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it is a bit too soon to be talking about Liam "loving" Fallon, or Fallon "loving" Liam. At this point, they were just broaching the idea of going on dates (or more precisely, dates that weren't for appearances' sake) when the $#it hit the fan. And yes, I think he really was writing about his family, because I don't think anyone would be able to write and edit an entire book in the span of two weeks right under the noses of the Carringtons.

The circumstances of Liam's departure leaves options to bring him back (if fan feedback was positive enough) either as long-lost Adam, or NOT as Adam, since they've established a viable back-story that can be worked on. Obviously there is also the option never to hear from him again, backed up (somewhat) by the fact that there wasn't really a character like his in the original series. It is not a coincidence that Liam is trying to get lost just as Steven is trying to find Adam.

I mentioned in another thread at some point that Jeff and Alexis joining forces seemed the logical chain of events, mostly because they're the two outsiders of the cast. Now the only question is whether she is the manipulator or the manipulated. I also suggested the writers may decide to recreate Alexis's "windfall wedding" with Jeff as the groom of doom rather than Cesil.

I also do not like the idea of Blake blackmailing Cristal into silence on the Clarke County situation. I would not forgive anyone forcing me to go against my conscience in a life-or-death situation, especially when one of the deaths would be someone I knew. If Blake can do some fancy footwork and get CA (and by extension, himself and Cristal) off the hook for that health crisis, she should still be livid....but I'm sure she will soften eventually (as they usually do on soaps). I'm guessing the most cliché reason for them to reunite (in a big cliffhanger) would be for her to discover she's pregnant, and it would fit with the original series template.

So she's better off moving back to Venezuela
I'm not sure how much you watch the news, but Venezuela is in total meltdown right now. No one goes there--they only try their best to get away from it. The only other country in a more dire situation right now is (probably) North Korea. I highly doubt the US Government would even issue her a visa to go there because it is so dangerous.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed this episode a lot. It's really staring have interesting stories branching off all over the place. I love the darkness in Blake and Cristal's marriage and that storyline with the contaminated water supply causing cancer is so very Knots Landing, but in a good way. It's a business storyline that is weaving together all the characters. Blake, knew, Cristal knew, they covered it up, no people are dying, including Michael's father. Obviously that will drive a wedge between Fallon and Blake and Cristal. If and when Alexis finds out all about it it's the perfect tool to use to get Fallon on team Alexis.

I really, really, REALLY, like Liam. I hope he comes back Adam or not. I hope his family are also a rich family and can be introduced in some way too.

It seems Alexis is going to try and get Jeff and Fallon back on track, obviously she wants her daughter to marry him as he's loaded, but interested to see how this goes.
I am also a bit unsure of how Nicollette's Alexis is shaping up. She doesn't seem nowhere near as dark, is she perhaps too comedic? Like Joan she looks great when they put her in those power suits. That thing she wore at the end of the episode was amazing. Blood red and tailored to within an inch of her life. Yes... Yes please.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
@Daniel Avery Well I have had heard some people mention online that Fallon/Liam seems to be gaining some significant traction so there is a possibility that they might be shaping up to be a very popular couple. However I'm not sure if this will mean that the producers might want to bring Liam back at a later date assuming that they're even aware of this.

I imagine that they probably have an agenda for what stories they want to focus on and Liam might be a temporary thing. Also since the writers appear to be focused on staying loyal to the original as much as possible, I seriously doubt Liam's gonna be sticking around since he's not even based on an original character.

And Fallon has indicated that she was starting to develop some sort of feelings for Liam and they might have progressed even more deeply if the whole revelation about Liam hadn't come out. I don't know for sure if Liam was ever planning on telling Fallon about his past, (or maybe a fabricated version of his past), or even if he had Fallon might actually believe him or perhaps react a lot less negatively.

Also I had no idea about Venezuela but my point still stands - if Cristal were to decide next week that she's divorcing Blake, where is she gonna go? And are we really sure that Cristal will get pregnant at any point in the series? I thought someone mentioned in another thread that one of the producers (Josh Schwartz) isn't a big fan of having kids on his shows.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of dressing well, RIP to Sammy Jo's shoes. I have to wonder if Sammy Jo's jacket was to final straw that made Jeff toss his cookies, though.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Ewww! That was so gross when Jeff puked on Sammy Jo's shoes. I was pretty surprised that Jeff had gone downhill so quickly in a single episode. I wonder how much longer they're going to keep him around? And if Alexis is trying to get Jeff and Fallon back together, what is her endgame? Is it eventually going to lead to a storyline where Fallon might get pregnant with Little Blake?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also I had no idea about Venezuela but my point still stands - if Cristal were to decide next week that she's divorcing Blake, where is she gonna go? And are we really sure that Cristal will get pregnant at any point in the series? I thought someone mentioned in another thread that one of the producers (Josh Schwartz) isn't a big fan of having kids on his shows.

She can try Canada or some other country. As for Cristal getting pregnant, well, when was the last time she and Blake slept together? And it doesn't really matter if Schwartz doesn't like having kids on his shows, because Cristal/Krystle is famous for her miscarriage. Therefore, Mrs. Carrington getting pregnant isn't an issue.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I enjoyed this episode a lot. It's really staring have interesting stories branching off all over the place. I love the darkness in Blake and Cristal's marriage and that storyline with the contaminated water supply causing cancer is so very Knots Landing, but in a good way. It's a business storyline that is weaving together all the characters. Blake, knew, Cristal knew, they covered it up, no people are dying, including Michael's father. Obviously that will drive a wedge between Fallon and Blake and Cristal. If and when Alexis finds out all about it it's the perfect tool to use to get Fallon on team Alexis.

I really, really, REALLY, like Liam. I hope he comes back Adam or not. I hope his family are also a rich family and can be introduced in some way too.

It seems Alexis is going to try and get Jeff and Fallon back on track, obviously she wants her daughter to marry him as he's loaded, but interested to see how this goes.
I am also a bit unsure of how Nicollette's Alexis is shaping up. She doesn't seem nowhere near as dark, is she perhaps too comedic? Like Joan she looks great when they put her in those power suits. That thing she wore at the end of the episode was amazing. Blood red and tailored to within an inch of her life. Yes... Yes please.

According to IMDB, Liam will appear on episode #22. Maybe he'll turn out to be Adam, maybe not. I did find it odd that when Liam left, he was picked up by a driver in this episode that gave the appearance that he and/or his family has money. I would imagine that the reveal that he was writing an expose (as thick as it was) on his own family would mean that maybe the writers are writing another prominent family into the Dynasty story that could perhaps take the place of the Colbys since this version of the Colbys has (IMO) gone flat.

Also, regarding Cristal being fearful of Blake, original Blake raped Krystal.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also, regarding Cristal being fearful of Blake, original Blake raped Krystal.

Given the current metoo climate, I don't think that plot point will see the light of day again if you catch my drift. Unless they foolishly buy into that whole "all publicity is good publicity" myth, which...no, just no.

One thing that struck me while watching this particular episode (but has been creeping upon me for several weeks) is that the character of Fallon is being written as the center of this show, and all other characters are there to revolve around her. I'm not sure if this is a purposeful move on the showrunners' parts or if it's just something that occurred during the re-tooling of the show, but it seems Blake, Cristal, and yes, even Alexis are supporting characters in service to Fallon's trials and tribulations in these episodes. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, and frankly I have no idea if Fallon was such a mover and shaker in the original--it's just something I noticed.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, in all the descriptions it was pretty much Fallon vs Cristal.

In the original Fallon faded because you can't be more bitchy than Joan Collins.