nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E20 A Line From The Past

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alexis cleverly told Jeff he was "one of them," but I can't recall if she actually told him Tom was the one who had the affair with Jeff's mother (and not Blake).
He believes (as does most) that Blake had an affair with Mrs. Colby, but he didn't, of course. Alexis made him think that Blake knows he (or Tom) is Jeff's father, which was (supposedly) why Alexis and Blake tried to squelch Fallon and Jeff's burgeoning relationship in high school. The problem: if Blake has known Jeff is related to Fallon (either as her brother or her uncle), then why didn't Blake throw the hammer down when Fallon and Jeff were planning to get married? Telling the happy couple they're on the same branch of the family tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, can shut down a wedding like nothing else. I'm sure Alexis will formulate more lies to get what she wants, but like I said earlier--she's working him. Whether she knows Monica is the real Carrington, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing she does.

I'm not ready to speculate on fires and Claudia's return, etc. but I will say one thing: I'm guessing Blake and Cristal conceived a baby in that encounter they had in this episode. Getting those two into the sack (or in this case, a hot tub) right before they seemingly split up is par for the soap opera course. The crafty way Blake said Cristal was "quitting" the COO position to "focus on their family" or whatever could be seen as foreshadowing. The way Blake turned the tables on his wife and his daughter for what he views as their betrayal was a thing of beauty, BTW. Cristal seemed to get more punishment than Fallon, but I guess (in his view) betrayal by a wife is much more potent than betrayal by his daughter. Cristal loses her hard-won COO position and likely will be banished to a guest bedroom; Fallon loses her company to her father, but gets the COO position just as a huge disaster is erupting and her would-be-boyfriend has lost his father to the disaster. And also important, he's pitted Fallon and Cristal against one another again as punishment for their (brief) alliance to get that recording out of Blake's safe. He likely realized he was no match for Fallon and Cristal working together, so he had to split up that alliance. He did all of that in one quick speech.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
At any rate - Fallon will become delusional enough to become abducted by a UFO!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
OKAY. If those last 30 seconds mean what I think they mean then EWW EWWWWW EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Is incest between adults really that disgusting? And IF they are brother and sister or uncle and niece, then it's only a biological thing.
I find it more disturbing when it happens between people who grew up in the same family - even if they aren't blood relations (e.g. stepbrother and stepsister).
And since when have you become so sensitive anyway?
but then maybe it's not even Adam
I hope not! He looks so plain.
But if he already knows he's Adam, then he obviously doesn't want to have anything to do with the Carringtons, and Steven is going to return to Atlanta empty-handed.
As @Daniel Avery has pointed out, this looks as if Alexis is nipping his quest to find Adam in the bud. She never wanted him to be there in the first place, she only mentioned Adam to distract Steven, because he was confronting her with her shenanigans involving Sammy Jo.
The way Blake turned the tables on his wife and his daughter for what he views as their betrayal was a thing of beauty, BTW.
NuDynasty can do clever! There's no longer the excuse that they "can't" do it because it's "just one of those CW shows".
This was definitely the highlight of this episode because it changed so many things at the same time. To be honest, I had expected him to outfox Fallon, but that didn't make the result less satisfying.

The flashbacks make Alexis seem rather nice, but I'm still not convinced. There's something extremely conniving about her, and that's usually how I felt when O.Alexis was being super-nice to her children.
As with O.Dynasty, I think she and Blake are two of a kind, the only difference being the circumstances.

There's another mother! Is it Sable? Please let her be fabulous bitch! And another mother in Australia! Please let her be a fabulous bitch too!

Why couldn't Sammy Jo just enjoy planning the wedding? Anders did *everything* to please him and all he could do was complain. I guess he's already taken all the luxury for granted.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
His insecurities were on full display. Sammy Jo's prickly behavior was in response to his not knowing what Steven is up to, and his well-documented past of everything blowing up at the worst possible time. Notice how quickly Sammy Jo accused Steven of cheating when all he knew was that Steven was not in DC? He's subconsciously waiting for the happy ending to burst into flames, even (sort of) willing it to happen. He's easy pickings for Alexis's (further) manipulations.

Soapwriter12

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
He may look plain, from the one scene we had him in, but we do see the actor playing new "Adam" meeting alexis in the extended promo.

From his other work, he does show potential to be a good "Adam"

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So I guess Blake has essentially destroyed any chance of Michael & Fallon ever getting back together
Maybe not. Cristal, during her last day as COO, has hired Michael so he's going to work with/for/close to Fallon. I guess passion will erupt at some point...

I assume the wedding is the season finale episode? Is Ted Dinard going to show up (and what could he do?) or is Blake keeping tabs on his (lack of) progress?
Maybe they're all going to show up: Ted, Claudia, Matthew, Kirby, Adam, Mother Colby and Kori Rucks!

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I'm soooo happy someone saw the Dominique reference. She was Blake's sister. So, maybe she is Jeff and Monique's mother. It would be a huge twist from the original, but could make sense. Someone here even said Jeff and Monique's mom is still alive in NYC(I don't remember that), if she is, she's doing the club scene like Dominique did. So that makes sense.

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I would also like to say I like Crystal and Fallon's dynamic and wish Alexis didn't mess it up. That's gonna show up soon.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would also like to say I like Crystal and Fallon's dynamic and wish Alexis didn't mess it up
Knowing what kind of damage these two women can do, I wonder if Blake would encourage a feud between his wife and daughter.
There's not much left of the Carrington marriage, the only one who can save it is Alexis, as soon as she proves to be their mutual enemy.
Well there was the quarrel over Tom's will but it's not full-on-war yet.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe not. Cristal, during her last day as COO, has hired Michael so he's going to work with/for/close to Fallon. I guess passion will erupt at some point...

Blake could just as easily fire Michael the next day, since Blake's still the Chairman and CEO. Hopefully Cristal had him sign a contract with a huge golden parachute (like $40 million or something insane like that) if he's let go before the conclusion of the contractual period.

Maybe they're all going to show up: Ted, Claudia, Matthew, Kirby, Adam, Mother Colby and Kori Rucks!

Ted Dinard shows up to crash the wedding, with Kori Rucks on his arm as his +1. Anders hustles them into the wine cellar and locks the door, and is then shocked to discover FauxAdam in the kitchen, holding a gun on young Kirby. Mother Colby barges in wearing a fierce hat, demanding to know where Alexis Carrington is--she has a bone to pick with that bitch. As if on cue, Alexis walks in, chatting with back-from-the-dead Matthew about how Cristal still wants him. He, however, is furtively looking around to find out where Claudia might be hiding, since he keeps smelling her perfume, Eau De Crackpot. RealAdam is peeking through the French doors, and motions to Mrs. Colby to duck. Ted forces open the wine cellar door just as RealAdam fires a gun through the doors on the assembled crowd. RealAdam crashes through the French doors at the feet of Matthew, a hatchet planted firmly in his back, with Claudia standing in the doorway grinning psychotically. Kirby frees herself from FauxAdam's clutches as Anders skillfully tosses a knife right into FauxAdam's neck. Mrs. Colby ignores the melee and tackles Alexis, screaming all manner of obscenities and tossing hair extensions all over the room as the survivors look on in amusement.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Blake could just as easily fire Michael the next day, since Blake's still the Chairman and CEO
That's what Blake is going to do, but Cristal could have anticipated this action. I'd be surprised if they'd kill that plotline instantly.
Fallon will back up Cristal's decision, even if it's only a raison d'amoureuse. I think they'll find a reason to keep him there for as long as necessary. Heck, he may turn out to be a real asset to D-A, and if Blake can't defeat him then there's always another way: corrupt him.

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I think all will be well with Crystal and Fallon after Crystal gave Culhane a job. At this point Fallon wants to take Blake down for what happened to Culhane's father. She doesn't even know he's dead though. I think Fallon will be royally pissed with both Blake and Alexis after the Adam reveal.

Is it just me or anyone else- did Alexis sleep with Jeff prom night???