Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
CW Dynasty Episode Threads
S02E06 That Witch
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Zable" data-source="post: 140972" data-attributes="member: 47"><p><strong>I haven’t seen Ep 6 yet</strong>. But I’ve been thinking since the last episode about whether Nathalie Kelly & James Mackay were truly hitting back/hinting at shenanigans by cwExecs to get them/Australians off the show, you know “the rumoured interventions of network executives on actor firings” which, really, come from the fans, not the actors; based on the fans’ fortune-telling interpretations.</p><p></p><p>What Nathalie Kelley first said was on Instagram just about <em>immediately</em> after the S1 finale aired: “RIP CC.” Then soon after on twitter (or Instagram, or both), she sounded much like she was saying thanks and good-bye. Down the track, in a taped interview, she said “I’ve got my life back”. … Look at the story arc: Cristal I dies. Cristal II appears and her backstory <em>is</em> that she did get her life back at the hospital where she met Cristal I.</p><p></p><p>But <em>before</em> all that happened (episodes before the S1 finale), RebelHeart here let it be known that Kelley was leaving. And before S2 started, it was again RebelHeart who also brought us the news Mackay had been let go. When I tried to pin down what “let go” meant she claimed that was all she was allowed to say. I didn’t get the impression of an unauthorised snitch. Those early leaks were deliberate and appear authorised -- the only question is by whom: the actor/his team or the show’s official reps.</p><p></p><p>I’m thinking it was the show’s ploy to try and have the audience grow in numbers, an audience who would be wanting to immediately watch to see what will actually happen. Perhaps it was the show’s play for something along a 2-pronged who-shot-JR-type phenomenon: first, it was Will Cristal truly die? & Who dunnit (the fire); then it was, Will JM really leave? & Has Steven been written out for good?</p><p></p><p>I think the actors – Kelley & Mackay & de la Fuente – were wanting to help out with the promo, but Kelley said too much, and Mackay learnt from her mistakes. But the S2 premiere was spoilt by having too much revealed: between the trailer that was briefly on youtube and got yanked quick (but not quick enough) and what de la Fuente released on his social media. (Perhaps, hence why Fallon’s and Alexis’s digs at Sam Jo’s Instagram postings?)</p><p></p><p>James Mackay’s ‘final’ episode aired, and then on twitter, he offered 2 tickets to a show he couldn’t make, and said he was gutted. (Were we to assume he was gutted he couldn’t make the show, or was he gutted about something and so he wasn’t in the mood to make the show?) The he said cryptically on Instagram: “While Steven had a choice to leave, unfortunately I didn’t.”</p><p></p><p>Folk here have assumed cwExec shenanigans because he added: “There’s a lot of decisions involved in making television, and sometimes they just don’t go your way and you have to live with it. …” And, he also said later on social media to Kelley: “They have got to stop firing all the Aussies.”</p><p></p><p>I think he teased; that he really meant how the Aussie actors are on the incidental receiving end of how story arcs were planned, not that there was/is a purge of ‘bad’ actors or ‘foreign’ actors (Alan Dale is a Kiwi, long-time in Oz.) Because...</p><p></p><p>I’m reminded that in his Jan 7th 2018 interview with Deadline, regarding Cristal I, Mark Pedowitz said "the decision to recast the pivotal character was <em>creatively driven</em>, adding that it was made midway through the first season. ‘It’s a wild soap,’ Pedowitz said of the twist. ‘These are things you do on a soap.’" <a href="https://deadline.com/2018/01/the-cw-supernatural-future-spinoff-dynasty-changes-valor-fate-sabrina-move-netflix-1202237432/" target="_blank">https://deadline.com/2018/01/the-cw-supernatural-future-spinoff-dynasty-changes-valor-fate-sabrina-move-netflix-1202237432/</a></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Zable, post: 140972, member: 47"] [B]I haven’t seen Ep 6 yet[/B]. But I’ve been thinking since the last episode about whether Nathalie Kelly & James Mackay were truly hitting back/hinting at shenanigans by cwExecs to get them/Australians off the show, you know “the rumoured interventions of network executives on actor firings” which, really, come from the fans, not the actors; based on the fans’ fortune-telling interpretations. What Nathalie Kelley first said was on Instagram just about [I]immediately[/I] after the S1 finale aired: “RIP CC.” Then soon after on twitter (or Instagram, or both), she sounded much like she was saying thanks and good-bye. Down the track, in a taped interview, she said “I’ve got my life back”. … Look at the story arc: Cristal I dies. Cristal II appears and her backstory [I]is[/I] that she did get her life back at the hospital where she met Cristal I. But [I]before[/I] all that happened (episodes before the S1 finale), RebelHeart here let it be known that Kelley was leaving. And before S2 started, it was again RebelHeart who also brought us the news Mackay had been let go. When I tried to pin down what “let go” meant she claimed that was all she was allowed to say. I didn’t get the impression of an unauthorised snitch. Those early leaks were deliberate and appear authorised -- the only question is by whom: the actor/his team or the show’s official reps. I’m thinking it was the show’s ploy to try and have the audience grow in numbers, an audience who would be wanting to immediately watch to see what will actually happen. Perhaps it was the show’s play for something along a 2-pronged who-shot-JR-type phenomenon: first, it was Will Cristal truly die? & Who dunnit (the fire); then it was, Will JM really leave? & Has Steven been written out for good? I think the actors – Kelley & Mackay & de la Fuente – were wanting to help out with the promo, but Kelley said too much, and Mackay learnt from her mistakes. But the S2 premiere was spoilt by having too much revealed: between the trailer that was briefly on youtube and got yanked quick (but not quick enough) and what de la Fuente released on his social media. (Perhaps, hence why Fallon’s and Alexis’s digs at Sam Jo’s Instagram postings?) James Mackay’s ‘final’ episode aired, and then on twitter, he offered 2 tickets to a show he couldn’t make, and said he was gutted. (Were we to assume he was gutted he couldn’t make the show, or was he gutted about something and so he wasn’t in the mood to make the show?) The he said cryptically on Instagram: “While Steven had a choice to leave, unfortunately I didn’t.” Folk here have assumed cwExec shenanigans because he added: “There’s a lot of decisions involved in making television, and sometimes they just don’t go your way and you have to live with it. …” And, he also said later on social media to Kelley: “They have got to stop firing all the Aussies.” I think he teased; that he really meant how the Aussie actors are on the incidental receiving end of how story arcs were planned, not that there was/is a purge of ‘bad’ actors or ‘foreign’ actors (Alan Dale is a Kiwi, long-time in Oz.) Because... I’m reminded that in his Jan 7th 2018 interview with Deadline, regarding Cristal I, Mark Pedowitz said "the decision to recast the pivotal character was [I]creatively driven[/I], adding that it was made midway through the first season. ‘It’s a wild soap,’ Pedowitz said of the twist. ‘These are things you do on a soap.’" [URL]https://deadline.com/2018/01/the-cw-supernatural-future-spinoff-dynasty-changes-valor-fate-sabrina-move-netflix-1202237432/[/URL] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
CW Dynasty Episode Threads
S02E06 That Witch
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top