Reaction score
Awards

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Official Synopsis:
"Fallon confides in Anders that she is worried that she hasn't heard from Liam; Blake becomes enraged when he finds what Adam has been keeping from him; a tragedy strikes the Carringtons."

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So the action is said to be picking up three days before the funeral scenes. We see the same three characters, along with a lingering shot of a large, purple and white casket spray.

Liam's being held in a warehouse by Katie, Sen. North's Chief of Staff. Katie tells Liam she's the one running the show, not the Senator. All of Liam's info on her and her operation is on his computer, which he says he won't hand over....but Katie tells him he will do just that, or Fallon is a dead woman.

Jeff is trying to buy Nolan Jameson's company, and the guy seems to have the hots for Alexis. Jeff suggests the three of them have drinks together....but he has to give Alexis one of his expensive paintings to get her to go along and pretend to like the "nerd".

Cristal's okay from her fainting spell, but the tumor isn't shrinking fast enough to stop the pressure on her brain. Adam tries to continue his kind bedside manner but Blake brushes him aside to fly in the "best doctors in the world" as if he's nobody. It's because Adam kept the secret so long; "If she dies, it's your fault!" C3 is soon losing feeling in her hands, so Adam suggests the surgery has to be moved up to...well, now.

Fallon confides her issues to Anders, then gets a call from Liam (with a gun to his head). He doesn't say he's at gunpoint; he casually asks Fallon to drop off the laptop (where?) but he manages to double-talk and clue-drop enough to alert Fallon that he's being held prisoner. Anders says they have to find where Liam's hidden, then use the laptop as a bargaining chip. Fallon remembers something about Katie and puts it together than Katie and not the Senator is the brains behind this operation.

Leo basically tells Culhane and Sam he plans to use La Garbage as a money-laundering operation. Sounds like a good excuse for Sam and Culhane to burn the joint down! (my own idea, not mentioned onscreen) Sam calls in an "anonymous" fraud tip to the IRS, with an agent showing up to do an audit--which spooks Leo. Maybe they can put the matches away?

Fallon finds where Liam's being hidden. She waits for Katie to leave, then rushes in to untie him. A goon punches her lights out and she ends up tied up too. Anders shows up with the laptop and is a total BOSS. While Katie checks the laptop to make sure it's legit, Anders cuts Fallon out of her restraints, then shields her as the laptop blows up, killing her goon and sending Katie to the ground. Anders seems to have sustained some sort of injury but holds a gun on Katie as the cops pull up.

Kirby wakes up in a dumpy apartment with Oliver, who suggests they move back to Australia. She's only interested in more of that Bolivian Booger-Sugar.

Nolan Jameson doesn't really want to sell his company, but Alexis pours on the charm. Jameson reveals some company secrets and Alexis proudly gives the info to Jeff--something to do with building a rocket ship...? Will we have Jeff Colby...In SPACE? Just because they're divorced doesn't mean they can't still scheme.

Blake has Dr. Scott on his private jet, flying her to the hospital. They hit a pocket of turbulence and the pilot is knocked out cold. Guess who has to fly the plane?
Meanwhile. C3 has another attack so Adam starts the surgery without them. Dr. Scott arrives, but Adam is needed to assist. In the recovery room, Cristal thanks Blake and Adam for getting her through it all and tells them to make up, because she feared she would die without reconciling with her own father.

Leo takes care of the IRS issue (calling them off), then lets Culhane know he does not appreciate the scheming by breaking a bottle and holding it to Culhane's chest in a scene straight out of a Spaghetti Western.

Liam and Fallon are back home, and Fallon warmly thanks Anders for (once again) saving her. He leaves to go see post-op Cristal. As he drives to town he has another pain in his chest and crashes the car into a tree. We see him slumped over the steering wheel with a head wound.

And so we see the extended funeral scene, the funeral for Joseph Anders. Everyone else is there except Kirby; no one knows where she is. The last to leave the graveside is Blake, who tells Adam it's like losing another father. They hug. Sam and Culhane are seen talking about how much he meant to both of them.

Alexis finds out where Kirby is; Fallon and Sam discover her passed out in the crummy apartment and call 911.

In the preview, it appears Cristal still has her full head of hair!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess it makes sense that Anders bit the dust from several perspectives - Alan Dale is probably the most expensive cast member plus might not have been too thrilled with filming during co-vid. He's also removed himself from Sam's business and they've replaced him with Culhane there. I guess barking orders around the Carrington mansion is always a limited plot idea.

With that said, the funeral would've been a great point to introduce the wicked Alicia Anders for about three episodes to stir things up and help Kirby.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow. This reboot really doesn't like Australians. Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay and now Alan Dale. I suspect Maddison Brown will be on the chopping block next. In some ways I'm glad Alan Dale has removed himself from this horrid mess. He deserves better than "The Elizabeth Gillies Show."

Tom Crusader

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Wow. This reboot really doesn't like Australians. Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay and now Alan Dale. I suspect Maddison Brown will be on the chopping block next. In some ways I'm glad Alan Dale has removed himself from this horrid mess. He deserves better than "The Elizabeth Gillies Show."
Isn't Alan Dale from New Zealand though? I know he lived in Australia for years before re-locating to the US but I've seen an interview where he talks about being from NZ.

Last edited:

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This reboot really doesn't like Australians. Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay and now Alan Dale.
And Lachlan Buchanan - stripper Scorpio (Ryan).

BTW Somehow I like when Liam and Fallon play detectives. Since it's not really classic Dynasty I wouldn't mind if they change the format to The Thin Man except they would call it probably call it Woman for Fallon... However I just like to watch Falliam! And I'm surprised we've now seem serious redeemed Adam for weeks.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And Lachlan Buchanan - stripper Scorpio (Ryan).

BTW Somehow I like when Liam and Fallon play detectives. Since it's not really classic Dynasty I wouldn't mind if they change the format to The Thin Man except they would call it probably call it Woman for Fallon... However I just like to watch Falliam! And I'm surprised we've now seem serious redeemed Adam for weeks.

To be fair, I think the show is far more balanced right now than it's ever been between characters. This episode was also proper soap, even with Anders' bad-assery.

I do wonder if Adam being so nice to Cristal will eventually result in him obsessing over her, potentially starting the Rita plot.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
It wasn't a bad episode. I can't help but think that the end of the episode would have been a good opportunity to reintroduce Steven now that Blake and Adam are getting along. I'm also surprised there was no chatter about Steven not showing up for the funeral.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm also surprised there was no chatter about Steven not showing up for the funeral.
When we last saw Steven, Adam drugged him. I assume he gave him something that would leave him permanently "checked-out" (catatonic, maybe borderline comatose), and the family's total lack of communication with him would say he's still in that state. I'd like to think that if he were in any state of consciousness/alertness or shown any sign of improvement, family members would have been showing some concern for him all along, and he would be interacting with the family in some way(s) even if he were staying in Paris. So I believe he's not in any shape to be attending a funeral. Of course the total 'radio silence' on him makes it all up for debate.

The filming style (where the action picked up during the funeral and only showed selected interactions between cast members) allows for lots of "assumed" conversations that the audience was not privy to, such as whether they should try to notify other members of Anders's family (if he had any). We knew Kirby was unable to be found up to that point, but should his horrible ex-wife (Kirby's mom) have been invited? What if he has siblings....like maybe a twin brother?

Oh, did I put that out there?;)

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Isn't Alan Dale from New Zealand though?
He was born in New Zealand but moved to Australia to further his acting career. Nathalie Kelley was born in Peru but moved to Sydney, Australia when she was 3. James Mackay was born in Sydney. And as @Brian Kinney has pointed Lachlan Buchanan is another Aussie, born in Queensland. Meanwhile Maddison was born in Melbourne.

Perhaps Elizabeth Gillies cannot handle our sense of humour :bah:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Heather Tom also directed the film noir (4x13) episode last season.

I found this interesting from another forum:
Did anyone else catch all of the Wizard of Oz references? Fallon was was wearing a blue gingham dress, they showed just Kirby's shoes sticking out, Jeff offered Alexis an emerald necklace, and they followed the golden clip to find Liam. Also, Cristol needed a new brain, Leo the contractor caused Culhane to need courage, and something about Adam and a heart I know they already did a Wizard of Oz themed episode, but the imagery was really interesting.
I didn't even catch that there were so many Oz references.

Another thought - what if the Jeff in Space plot inevitably leads to Fallon being sent into space in the season cliffhanger? Amanda could kidnap Fallon and put her in the shuttle that'll ensure her getting sent into space for a while so that she can move in on Liam.

Last edited:

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another thought - what if the Jeff in Space plot inevitably leads to Fallon being sent into space in the season cliffhanger? Amanda could kidnap Fallon and put her in the shuttle that'll ensure her getting sent into space for a while so that she can move in on Liam.

That would be a very original take on the notorious but spectacular creative UFO cliffhanger on The Colbys. It's Amanda - not aliens. :giggle:

Please, dear Televison God in heaven (formerly known as Aaron Spelling), use your power! Connect producer Sallie Patrick with @tommie and Dynasty - The Reunion will be forgiven!

James Mackay was born in Sydney. And as @Brian Kinney has pointed Lachlan Buchanan is another Aussie, born in Queensland. Meanwhile Maddison was born in Melbourne.
And Luke Cook, who played Kirby's ex, was born in Sydney too. Fired by Alexis!

Last edited: