• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E18: You Make Being A Priest Sound Like Something Bad

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Continuing the trend of non-serious episode titles....

Episode Description: "Blake gets closer to finalizing an important deal; Cristal's big charity event approaches; Fallon seeks the perfect wedding gift for Liam; Sam gets a lesson in friendship from [Jeff] Colby."

I'll assume the "perfect wedding gift" isn't a terra-cotta flower pot. They are so forgettable. :D

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm still trying to figure out the overall meaning of "She Cancelled..." as the title of the previous episode. I guess it was supposed to represent Fallon cancelling the wedding, only....she didn't.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm still trying to figure out the overall meaning of "She Cancelled..." as the title of the previous episode. I guess it was supposed to represent Fallon cancelling the wedding, only....she didn't.

That's a twitter thing.
When someone (mostly famous people) do or say something "bad", people on twitter bash him/her with hate. And they say "she/he's cancelled"

I found a better description on wiki :

The act of canceling, also referred to as cancel culture (a variant on the call-out culture term) describes a form of boycott in which someone (usually a celebrity) who has shared a questionable or controversial opinion, or has had behavior in their past that is perceived to be offensive called-out on social media, is "canceled"; they are boycotted by their former followers or supporters, leading to declines in celebrities' careers and fanbase.

And that's pretty much what happened. Episode description :
"Fallon's world turns upside down when she becomes the internet's new Queen of Mean"

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not on Instagram, Facebook, or any of their evil stepsisters, so that explains a lot. But wouldn't it be more like "She's Been Cancelled" to indicate the act of cancelling someone? I'm aware of the so-called Cancel Culture, but did not link this plot point with Fallon to it because the original title uses a totally different form of the verb, and thus gives a different idea of the action that occurred.

[/schoolmarm 4 eva]

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Blake tells C3 that he's almost positive he's about to get Carrington-Atlantic back. He's light on details of what he'd been up to the afternoon before.

Fallon finds out Liam had their first wedding certificate framed as a wedding gift. So she goes to Culhane to ask for help coming up with a suitably thoughtful gift (yes, someone else's "thoughts"). She finds out Liam's favorite singing duo are singing at C3's gala, so she thinks she can get them to sing at the wedding.

Caleb says it's better he didn't go to the gala since he's unable to quit thinking of her. She says she feels the same way, and she needs to confess her impure thoughts to her husband. When Blake presents C3 with an enormous necklace, Fallon points out that it is a "Daddy did something very bad" gift, since he gave them to Alexis and 'fake Cristal' a lot.

Adam and Kirby are having sex in a hospital broom closet, which would seem to be very strenuous activity for someone who just had part of his liver ripped out of this body. But anyway, they are interrupted by a nurse who says he's needed to answer for some missing medication. (Note: Nurse didn't even care that she caught half-naked Dr. Carrington in the broom closet with a woman, which tells me she must watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy).

Adam's boss Dr. Bailey is less pleased with his stealing medication, but since she's hot for him she decides they can work something out. Again, broom-closet sex seems to be unworthy of a raised eyebrow these days.

Jeff is also up and about, claiming he feels great. Sam and he make plans to go to a Taylor Swift concert (random). Also random is Sam's curly mop of hair, which isn't his style at all. Jeff tries to listen to Sam's parade of bad choices in men but they're interrupted by an old flame of Jeff's stepping out of obscurity to re-introduce herself. As Jeff tries to charm his way back into Nia's pants, Sam the third wheel won't leave them alone. Sam happens to mention Jeff is a married man, which ices over the mood.

Blake discovers the Moldavians are planning to nationalize their oil industry, which explains why Laura was suddenly willing to sell C-A back to Blake. With $500 million in oil at stake, Blake is fit to be tied and announces they (he and Anders) are jetting off to Moldavia. [@Daniel Avery rubs his hands together and literally cackles with delight]

C3 and Blake are practicing their dancing in preparation for the gala and she confronts him about the reason for the gift. He gets defensive, which makes him look even more guilty. She consults his FitBit data to discover his heart rate went off the charts in mid-afternoon, so she deduces he slept with Laura Van Kirk, and goes to Caleb for advice on what to do. Bad idea.

C3 looks absolutely fabulous in her ball gown. Blake is ditching the gala to jet off to Moldavia, which upsets C3 even more. She takes off the necklace, hands it to him, and stalks away. She's not available when she's cued to give her speech, so Fallon jumps on the stage to read C3's speech as if she wrote it (with hilarious results). A sub-plot involving the singing duo being in Fallon's old sorority blows up just as C3 arrives to find out Fallon read her speech, so Fallon is doubly mortified as she exits stage left. Looks like Fallon would have been better served to get Starship to perform at the wedding. :(

Dr. Bailey doesn't get what she wants from Adam, who is acting almost....moral? in this episode. Even Kirby is puzzled by the sensible things coming out of his mouth. Did they take his evil side out along with that part of his liver?

Sam apologizes to Jeff, who says "Now that I know I'm not dying..." ( eek: ) amidst chit-chat about Alexis, who isn't even there.

Kirby lets C3 know she knows about C3 and 'the priest'. Maybe that evil bit of Adam jumped down Kirby's throat along with Adam's tongue in that broom closet.

One of the singing duo falls ill, so Fallon volunteers to fill in (of course), but the hostess has no host to dance with. So guess who she hits the dance floor with? God'll get you for that, C3, because it's not the only floor they end up on (eventually--even C3 and Caleb have enough reserve to wait until after the party).

Culhane asks Fallon for help getting revenge on Dom and Vanessa--who better?

Sam reconciles with Kirby. Adam calls her but she takes a rain check to spend time with her friend. He then receives another call and frantically runs over to the manor to tell Cristal (who, thankfully, is now alone) that Blake and Anders had some trouble at the Moldavian airport and have been kidnapped.

:eck: No new episodes for two weeks, I assume to pad out the schedule so the season still ends on the original date.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Is it in Liz Gillies contract that she has to sing in a certain amount of episodes?

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:

lbf522

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought maybe that Adam had deep feelings for Kirby and that was why he turned down his boss's advances.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kelly & Donna - nice BH90210 reference! I guess that show exists in Dynastyverse.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kelly & Donna - nice BH90210 reference! I guess that show exists in Dynastyverse.

Remember that Tony the gardener's kids names are Betsy & Bobby? Knots Landing exists in this Dynastyverse too :cool:

I don't know what are your thoughts about it, but I feel this episode was on of the weakest of the season. But at least, they are setting up things (C3 & Caleb affair, Blake & Laura affair, Moldavia)...

I really missed Alexis. I don't were she is. Is she aware of the Moldavia deal? Is she already there, trying on crowns?

(This OG moment was so stupid... It didn't help that I hated King Galen and his dumb son. The "after massacre" plot was so boring...)

About Sam : god the character is boring. And he was annoying yesterday. Since he divorced Steven, he is directionless. And again, the show lacks on keeping up with organic and real relations between characters. The writers really suck in the characters' development department. And they are not that clever in the plot department either. I mean, yeah, yeah, Sam is like a son to Anders. He even told him. Why don't I feel it now? Yeah, Sam is like Fallon's brother. That's what she told him in season 2. Why can't I feel that either? Well, as Fallon never mentions Steven, and doesn't give a f...k about him, I guess what she said to Sam is true : "You're like a brother to me. So yes, I don't f.....g care about you" :D

Fallon was enemy with Kirby, then friend, then enemy (she stole Femperial) then friend again (she rescued her from that stupid cult). Sadly enough, all of this is just plot driven and the execution of the plots is so weak. And that's a huge problem. Almost all the characters are written that way. Plot after plot.

Take Alexis and Adam. In what world a woman who never knew much her kidnaped son, is willing to accept him in her life after he burnt her face in a fireplace??? Now with season 3 I understand that they need Doctor Adam to have a good relation with Alexis for :
- the scheming against Blake.
- the medication and the liver transplant for Jeff.

All of this is plot driven. It's not organic. Sometimes, when we are lucky, it works. But most of the time it doesn't feel natural.

My ranting being almost over, I would say that yes, season 3 is better than season 2. Yet, the writing team is still not good. The CW should better had fire the writers, and get new ones, instead of getting rid of 4 fine actors and endlessly recasting main characters.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
@Daniel Avery - You forgot to mention the most ridiculous scene in your summary: Cristal and the priest (in uniform!!) start a quite intimate dance in front of everyone at the party and then have sex on the floor in front of the fireplace in Blakes bedroom. Sure ... why not? :lol:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That tiara JC is trying on looks like something from the party-supply aisle at Target.

I have this image of all the Carringtons foolishly packing up and heading to Moldavia in the same way they all showed up unannounced in Paraguay to "help" Steven build houses. Fallon will be bellowing at the Moldavian army men to get her luggage; Sam will be waving around his phone, trying desperately to get a signal; Dominique will be trying to film the whole thing; and Alexis will let everyone know she means business by wearing a camouflage-print bustier-top and four-inch heels. Lambs to the slaughter, all of them.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You forgot to mention the most ridiculous scene in your summary: Cristal and the priest (in uniform!!) start a quite intimate dance in front of everyone at the party and then have sex on the floor in front of the fireplace in Blakes bedroom. Sure ... why not? :lol:
I did mention it (they hit the dance floor, then hit the other floor) but I was so busy trying to bleach my brain of those images that I probably didn't explain it well. :D He said he wasn't going to attend, but then showed up at the perfect moment to save C3 from an embarrassing moment. Of course most of the assembled crowd would have no idea who Caleb was (he was just on the committee--the only people who would recognize him are the actual hospital-connected attendees or some of the veterans). I guess if she was asked why she was not dancing with Blake, she could have pointed out that he recently skated on a murder charge, and she didn't wish to be seen in public with him, even in their own home. :D

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Oh sorry, i missed that sentence somehow. Maybe they had no idea who he was, but everyone could clearly see that he was a priest and that it wasn't quite a dance between "just friends".. stupid scene. They should not have danced at all and just sneaked into the basement, that would have been a little more believable.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Tis a pity Alexis wasn't there to see it, because she would have seen it exactly for what it was. Takes a cheater to know a cheater!