Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Santa Barbara
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 154396" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Dusay had come off a similar recast on <em>Capitol,</em> where she played the mean (I won't go so far to call her "evil") Myrna Clegg after Carolyn Jones died of cancer. She also was one of the actresses who played the indomitable Alexandra Spaulding on <em>Guiding Light. </em>I remember being most impressed by 'Alex,' though I also loved her turn as Blair Warner's rich mother on<em> The Facts of Life.</em> Come to think of it, Nicolas Coster (Lionel Lockridge on SB) played Blair's father on <em>Facts</em>, so she has an impressive soap pedigree, even if she never knew it.</p><p></p><p>Yes, NBC's lack of enthusiasm in the 1980s and 1990s for its day-part was perplexing, since they were so extravagant toward early morning (<em>Today</em> Show) and late-fringe (<em>The Tonight Show </em>and Letterman) after having conquered prime time. You would think execs would have put the grease ($$$) where the squeaky wheel was...but instead they famously treated their daytime shows like wicked stepchildren. Victoria Wyndham of <em>Another World</em> remarked in an interview (shortly after the show's cancellation was announced) that NBC had "finally gotten their way," since she knew they had wanted rid of AW "since the early 1990s". If NBC had insisted that their affiliates air their soap lineup in "proper" order and not allow them to time-shift (and eventually not air) the soaps, then none of the other networks would have been forced to allow the same thing...which obviously hastened the demise of other soaps on other networks and now makes it impossible for the networks to advertise anything in their line-up with a defined timeslot.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 154396, member: 27"] Dusay had come off a similar recast on [I]Capitol,[/I] where she played the mean (I won't go so far to call her "evil") Myrna Clegg after Carolyn Jones died of cancer. She also was one of the actresses who played the indomitable Alexandra Spaulding on [I]Guiding Light. [/I]I remember being most impressed by 'Alex,' though I also loved her turn as Blair Warner's rich mother on[I] The Facts of Life.[/I] Come to think of it, Nicolas Coster (Lionel Lockridge on SB) played Blair's father on [I]Facts[/I], so she has an impressive soap pedigree, even if she never knew it. Yes, NBC's lack of enthusiasm in the 1980s and 1990s for its day-part was perplexing, since they were so extravagant toward early morning ([I]Today[/I] Show) and late-fringe ([I]The Tonight Show [/I]and Letterman) after having conquered prime time. You would think execs would have put the grease ($$$) where the squeaky wheel was...but instead they famously treated their daytime shows like wicked stepchildren. Victoria Wyndham of [I]Another World[/I] remarked in an interview (shortly after the show's cancellation was announced) that NBC had "finally gotten their way," since she knew they had wanted rid of AW "since the early 1990s". If NBC had insisted that their affiliates air their soap lineup in "proper" order and not allow them to time-shift (and eventually not air) the soaps, then none of the other networks would have been forced to allow the same thing...which obviously hastened the demise of other soaps on other networks and now makes it impossible for the networks to advertise anything in their line-up with a defined timeslot. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Santa Barbara
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top