Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Santa Barbara
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 242991" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>I think the annoying frequency of recasts is what doomed Santana, and the Andrade family as a whole. When trying to remember the character, I can't put a face to the character <em>at all</em>. I mean, I know there were multiple CCs and multiple Kellys, but at least I can imagine Jed Allan and Robin Wright when someone mentions the characters. </p><p></p><p>Frequent recasts, paired with frequent changes in motivation, career, and/or family interactions makes a character generate less interest/loyalty among the viewers over time. It ends up being a "diminishing returns" scenario, and Santana fell into that trap. It seems to happen to legacy characters the most, however.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 242991, member: 27"] I think the annoying frequency of recasts is what doomed Santana, and the Andrade family as a whole. When trying to remember the character, I can't put a face to the character [I]at all[/I]. I mean, I know there were multiple CCs and multiple Kellys, but at least I can imagine Jed Allan and Robin Wright when someone mentions the characters. Frequent recasts, paired with frequent changes in motivation, career, and/or family interactions makes a character generate less interest/loyalty among the viewers over time. It ends up being a "diminishing returns" scenario, and Santana fell into that trap. It seems to happen to legacy characters the most, however. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Santa Barbara
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top