Reaction score
Awards
watchyourassets.jpg

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Individual photos put together with Photoshop almost never work.
Again, it's not working. There's something tacky and cheap. And better not compare with group photos from season 1....

But I am happy to see the very first promo shoot of Elaine Hendrix as Alexis.

Emelee

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Individual photos put together with Photoshop almost never work.
Again, it's not working. There's something tacky and cheap. And better not compare with group photos from season 1....

But I am happy to see the very first promo shoot of Elaine Hendrix as Alexis.

I agree with that. But I also kinda like it because of how they have chosen these characters. Blake & Fallon should be central with Cristal & Alexis behind them. (And then the others behind them.)

Daniel Avery

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic 2: The Revenge
Since it's photoshopping, they can pick and choose who to include and where they are positioned. I just wish they would do some "genuine" cast photos like those we saw in season one. Actually, what I would like most would be for them to recreate some of the more famous OG Dynasty promotional photos with the new actors, like the one where Blake is surrounded by all the main female characters.

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cast members doing photoshoots together were rare pre-covid, good luck with them now!

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Has it come so difficult to take a picture of a cast... ?
Can't they find an episode where everybody is partying in the Carrington's Mansion ?
All actors are on set, touching each other, talking to each other, kissing each other, what on earth could make a picture more dangerous than a bad script... ?

250px-DynastyCast-Season6-1985-1986.jpg
dynasty-cast-of-the-1981-1989-cbs-television-series-with-seated-front-row-from-left-joan-colli...jpg

Come on...
dynasty_cast_191023_g88k2sf6q9.jpg

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Has it come so difficult to take a picture of a cast... ?
Can't they find an episode where everybody is partying in the Carrington's Mansion ?
All actors are on set, touching each other, talking to each other, kissing each other, what on earth could make a picture more dangerous than a bad script... ?

View attachment 26405View attachment 26406
Come on... View attachment 26404

As I completely agree with you, maybe one of the problems is the PR/Agent/publicist approval of a picture for an actor. It can be a nightmare, if every actor's publicist want image control of their client.

Imagine, Elaine Hendrix's publicist approved one or two group photo from the shoot, but Gillies publicist approved an other group picture from the batch... And doesn't approved the ones chosen by Hendrix's publicist. And multiply the problem with all the actor's publicists... It's easier for a production to submit individual photos to each actor. And then paste them together with photoshop.

Sad results for sad times.

Daniel Avery

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Also, the 'editorial decisions' as to which actor gets to be positioned where in the shot can become a huge argument among the agents. Should X be closer to the front than Y, when Y was seniority? F refuses to be photographed next to G since they have a private rivalry over who has the better rack. L wants to show off her new boobs but the photographer wants her standing behind M to balance the heights of the actors. And of course V is self-conscious about his (lack of) height and won't stand on the box next to W. It becomes, to coin a phrase, like herding cats.

Maybe the old days of "natural" cast photos were easier because actors were much more under the thumb of the networks. Publicity stuff was not optional for the stars, even those cheesy appearances on morning chat shows to promote their shows. The actors were still kind of scared of the network honchos and were more obsequious.
As the actors got paid more and more, they demanded (and got) permission to stop doing such publicity work, leaving such stuff for the "lesser" stars of the series.

Emelee

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The one with Blake surrounded by the women on the show felt outdated already in the 80s.

Reminds me of the viewer reactions when B&B did this "royalty campaign" with King Eric and his 3 Logan Queens.

Daniel Avery

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The CW would likely force them to photograph Fallon surrounded by her men.

tommie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also, the 'editorial decisions' as to which actor gets to be positioned where in the shot can become a huge argument among the agents. Should X be closer to the front than Y, when Y was seniority? F refuses to be photographed next to G since they have a private rivalry over who has the better rack. L wants to show off her new boobs but the photographer wants her standing behind M to balance the heights of the actors. And of course V is self-conscious about his (lack of) height and won't stand on the box next to W. It becomes, to coin a phrase, like herding cats.

It reminds me of the Melrose Place Rolling Stone shoot - it was a pull out folder kind of thing, so only three cast members actually appeared on the version visible on the stand:

Laura Leighton and Josie Bissett shared agents with Heather Locklear, unlike Daphne Zuniga and Courtney Thorne-Smith. And at that point Courtney was still pretty much the main character, so you'd think she'd be a shoe-in for the cover before Josie Bissett and Laura Leighton at that point was only recurring.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards

At this point, knowing the CW's (small) target, they'd better put Liam and Fallon front and center. Don't get me wrong, I know Liam is not that important, but it would make better sense. Then the second couple, Blake & C3, behind on the left, and the third and rival couple, Alexis & Jeff, behind on the right.

I guess Grant Show has a good publicist.

And that tagline... Watch your ass... ets would have been in line with the bad comedy the CW delivers.

Last edited: