• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Soap actors I wish would reappear....

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have no idea about her range as an actress. I agree that she seems to play the same 'type' no matter who hires her, but what if that's the fault of the casting department and not the actress? They may have typecast her and we'd never know it. "We need an Andrea Evans type for this role."

She may be just crying out to play Lady Macbeth, but no one will hire her to play it.

Well, maybe not. :D

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah......we'll go with with Evans being forced to play characters the same! Lol! I was gonna say Jessica Tuck, but I remembered how her stint on DOOL was so screwed up and now she's exiting GH after a bizarre tenure. Jensen Buchanan comes to mind......but she won't be doing ANYTHING for the next year....(ahem....).....

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My favorites that aren't on soaps that I would love to see again;

Susan Flannery
Sam Behrens
Lane Davies
Joanna Johnson

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They are hinting around on General Hospital that they may cast two roles for men in the 65-70 range--the unseen father of Dr. Finn and Detective Chase; and Dr. Jeff Webber (most famously played by Richard Dean Anderson) for a plot arc involving his daughter Liz Webber. I stand by my wish for Stephen Schnetzer as Jeff Webber, but Lane Davies would be an interesting choice, as well. GH's Alexis (played by Nancy Lee Grahn, who was SB's Julia) has been lamenting the fact that she always falls for the wrong men; if they were to bring Davies in as Jeff or as Finn and Chase's father, they'd be foolish not to have him do some scenes with her. I'm typically skeptical of soaps trying to reunite old couples in new roles that way (it generally fails to make lightning strike the same place twice), but for a short-term thing, it might be fun to watch.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Billy Miller should return as Billy Abbott or a new character on Days.

Josh Kelly had a cool vibe. I've once read he only would return to daytime if he'd be able to play OLTL's Cutter on GH which could be fun.

True O'Brien could be great on GH or Y&R. I liked her on Days as Paige. Writing for her might not always been good, but she did her best with it.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m gonna go old school here but bring back Paul Williams on Y&R and separate Michael and Lauren. They’ve been together way too long anyway and a Paul & Lauren reunion would be nice for the long time fans. It would be a nice way to end their characters if Tracey Bregman ever decides to leave the show.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lauren and Michael go through a rough patch, and Lauren goes to Paul for moral support. She gets the feeling Paul wants her back. Michael gets jealous and throws Lauren out; she goes to Paul, hoping to get him into her bed. He tells her he's just not that into her any more and sends her on her way.

(I've always hated Lauren, and I want her to be alone and miserable for the rest of her life.)

jillybean78

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I would not hold my breath regarding Dorothy Lyman. She has moved into directing TV shows, having started directing while starring on Mama's Family, then getting a regular directing job on The Nanny, followed by other jobs. I'd love to see Kate Collins do...well, anything, but again, I would not hold my breath.

I'd like to see Robin Strasser do a quick guest starring gig on GH as Dorian Lord. She could be a guest at the MetroCourt who tosses her unique brand of shade on that annoying Carly Corinthos. Extra points if they can get her into a scene with Carolyn Hennesy's Diane Miller.

I always thought Anna Stuart could have joined B&B back in the early 2000s as Eric Forrester's younger sister. She shares the same 'look' of her niece Felicia, and it would have been interesting to have her scrapping with both Brooke and Stephanie (when she was on the show). And lord knows Stuart could do the glammed-up look that B&B likes to do.

Mark Lawson made a big impression on OLTL as Brody Lovett. I'd love to see him return to soaps to play GH's Lucky Spencer.

Grant Aleksander would have made an intriguing Blake Carrington on CW Dynasty. Joan Collins even played his Aunt Alex on GL!

View attachment 8924

It is a crime that Vincent Irizzary has not reprised his AMC role of Dr. David Hayward on GH, given the ties he has to Anna Devane, and his general tendency to stir the pot everywhere he goes. He would make a great "mystery father" for Nathan West, given how Dr. Obrecht and Dr. Hayward would have traveled in the same circles. The chance to re-activate the blood feud between Anna and Dr. O is just deeeelicious.

Also on the wish list:
David Forsyth as Victor Newman's rarely-mentioned brother, Matt Miller, on Y&R
Stephen Schnetzer and Alice Barrett-Mitchell as Dr. Jeff Webber and Liz's never-seen mother
EVERY BIT OF THIS!!!

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Gina Tognoni, William deVry and Krista Allen are the ones I'd like to see again at the moment, maybe it's because all three had to leave their shows in recent years despite great performances.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Anthony Geary
Lane Davies
Robin Mattson
Steven Nichols
Robert Kelker-Kelly