Soap Hypocrites

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Soap, like real life, is full of hypocrites with seemingly short memories about themselves. I was making a list in my head the other day about who I would love to see get their come uppance in humiliating fashion. The name that jumped out was Moira from Emmerdale. A sanctimonious, self righteous woman who I absolutely LOATHE with a passion.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's not just the hypocrisy Mo, it's the 'conveniently' forgotten story-lines too. Take Robert and his newly found morals when it comes to backing up Anna. Why hasn't Leanne (or any other) mentioned that David's latest misbehaviour is a result of him losing his wife - all this crap David is doing is on the back of that. When everything blew up in Robert's face over sleeping with Carla, he turned to drink and was even driving under the influence - he could have killed someone, but no let's forget that and paint Robert into this new light of high moral grounding.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Robert is another that needs a proper toecapping.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Afton Cooper. Face you want to slap @Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I quite liked Afton, Sar. Cliff didn't deserve her.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
@Mo Mouse you know the way I'm a brainy bird? Trust me on this one. She's trash. Pure trash.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's why I like her, Sar. She's not dead brainy and dead classy like you but she's still a saucy minx and sultry temptress.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
She's also a slut, a trouble maker, a nasty wench and as the thread suggests... A hypocrite. @Mo Mouse she isn't welcome in my pad.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was making a list in my head the other day about who I would love to see get their come uppance in humiliating fashion. The name that jumped out was Moira from Emmerdale. A sanctimonious, self righteous woman who I absolutely LOATHE with a passion.
Does if help if I mention that on The Bill, the same actress played a police officer who was really an undercover journalist, who was found out and deliberately left to die by PC Kent (who was posing under his foster brother's identity) in one of the various Sun Hill fires?

Last edited:

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's a bit harsh, Sar. Just because she's not in your league doesn't mean you can't show a bit of compassion. You'll be telling me you didn't like Sly next. She was really one of my faves.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
@Mo Mouse - just so we're clear. Anyone that messes with my Sue Ellen is a slut. There's no understanding there. Appreciate that and we will go all the way.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
And don't ever mention the M word.

Angelgirl

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Soap, like real life, is full of hypocrites with seemingly short memories about themselves. I was making a list in my head the other day about who I would love to see get their come uppance in humiliating fashion. The name that jumped out was Moira from Emmerdale. A sanctimonious, self righteous woman who I absolutely LOATHE with a passion.

I feel exactly the same way about Vic Barton. She's mouthy and rude and doesn't care about anything except the precious Sugden family. I don't have a problem with that, the Dingles are just as close-knit and loyal, it's the way she does it that I can't stand. This attitude of 'we're Sugdens so we're always right and if we do anything bad it's because we were upset and not thinking straight so there', that really pisses me off. I really want her to get drunk one night and sleep with Ross & gets pregnant and Adam finds out & leaves her. I'd love that.....