Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Someone, take over the baton
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Channing" data-source="post: 52064" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I don't get how TV series fit into this. I thought the definition given earlier was a good one:</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>A film can be <em>based</em> on a TV series (for which we already did a Top 10) but I don't see how a TV series can be <em>remade</em> as a film. Also, a TV series based on a film is neither a film nor is it a <em>remake;</em> it's a TV series <em>based</em> on a film.</p><p></p><p>To be a remake it has to cover the same general plot as the original. If it just uses characters and settings of the original film but follows a completely different story, then it's <em>based on</em> or <em>inspired by</em> the original film but is not a remake of it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Channing, post: 52064, member: 33"] I don't get how TV series fit into this. I thought the definition given earlier was a good one: A film can be [I]based[/I] on a TV series (for which we already did a Top 10) but I don't see how a TV series can be [I]remade[/I] as a film. Also, a TV series based on a film is neither a film nor is it a [I]remake;[/I] it's a TV series [I]based[/I] on a film. To be a remake it has to cover the same general plot as the original. If it just uses characters and settings of the original film but follows a completely different story, then it's [I]based on[/I] or [I]inspired by[/I] the original film but is not a remake of it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Someone, take over the baton
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top