The Ewings Ruined My Life

One Mighty Hobble

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Empire Strikes Back
Think fanfiction... a short story/paragraph of characters who have been affected by the Ewings in a negative way. What happened to them, we already know... but what about the aftermath? What became of Oswald Valentine, Kimberly Crider, Mrs. Scotfield, Casey Denault, Sargeant McSween , etc.?

20201123_213424.jpg

You choose the character, writing from their perspective and be creative! I am not a writer myself, so someone else please get the ball rolling. Let the drama begin!

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She stood at the graveside and shivered. The rest of the mourners were long gone, having paid their respects and wished her their condolences. Wrapping her overcoat around her, she sighed, giving way quickly to heaving sobs that she had done her best to contain earlier. She couldn't believe it, even though she knew that it had been coming. Her father had been indestructible in her eyes, invincible even, but, over the past year, she had been forced to face the reality of his age and his infirmity despite his strength of will.
Now, she was completely alone. Her husband had moved on with characteristic ease and the man that she expected to replace him, the man she once thought was the love of her life, had become her sworn enemy in the wake of the struggle for West Star. At least she still had the company, she consoled herself, but she had needed the help of a woman who had proved herself to be far more resourceful than she had ever anticipated to wrest it from the grip of JR Ewing. She shivered again at the thought of him. At one time she had envisaged building a mighty empire with him, pooling their resources and, eventually, conquering the Texas oil industry together.
Wiping her eyes she felt annoyed by her extreme naivete. Had they managed to remain together, it would only have been a matter of time before he gravitated back to the one he truly loved and left her, taking West Star with him. History dictated that would be the case.
Suddenly, she became instinctively aware of a presence behind her. She turned, but not before she had quickly put on her sunglasses, embarrassed by her state of upset. "I'm sorry for your loss, Kimberley." She smiled, relieved. "Thank you for coming, Sue Ellen. Right now I really need a friend."
End
Hope that's ok to get the ball rolling? This is a great idea :)

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I picked my favorite "victim" of the Ewing's, Jeremey Wendell:

The Dallas Skyline . . . An all glass high rise, rooming up to the near top floors . . . inside a boardroom various people gather around a board table with the man standing at one head, well dressed, in a suite, a screen behind him. “Welcome to H. R. Smithfield and Associates. I’m Jacob Davids. Mr. Wendell’s estate has been turned over to me to manage. He asked that you all be here. He also asked that I begin with a video.” The man steps aside.

A ninety-some year-old Jeremy Wendell appears on the screen, frail, sitting next to a fireplace, at a desk. “This must seem strange, watching me, as it means I am no longer here. I’ve spent a great many years brooding over what became of me and I have not yet let go of the fact that the Ewing’s ruined my life. When my father sold his oil company to West Star, I thought I was on top of the world. I know had the resources and the allies to build a giant corporation to revival the pieces of Standard Oil. I won more often than I lost, but it’s the last lost you all know about, the one I never stood up from, the one where J. R. Ewing continued to kick at me, where his henchmen dug up and made up everything they could to keep me locked up and keep me battling in court to hold onto anything. Then one day he left me alone. I wasn’t worth his time anymore.

He spent decades controlling West Star from behind the scenes, playing everyone like puppets. His brother and x-wife finally sold Ewing Oil to West Star and then he really got clever.”

A young man speaks up from the gathering. “Do we really have to sit here and listen to my grandfather go on and on about the Ewing's?

The video is stopped. The lawyer says, “Actually yes. If every step of Mr. Wendell’s will is not carried out I am to liquidate and donate everything to charity.”

The older woman puts her hand younger man and says, “He’s just trying to have his let. Just let him continue so we can all get on with life.”

The video resumes. “In the shadows he lobbied against the estate tax and removed it, at least for one year. The year as it happens he died. Supposedly Cliff Barnes, admittedly a total nut job, killed him in Mexico. With J. R.’s contacts in Mexico he was able to deal with Barnes. Barnes’ lawyer would have kept any case locked up court for ever. But I don’t believe the whole thing, as I never believe in happenstance. Just like supposedly Cliff found some information that showed J. R. swindled the finance of his son. Yes, I’ve watched them closely. Cliff was always a poor follower of J. R.’s.

J. R. set about a plan to create Ewing Industries, the giant, family owned enterprise that put him on top, even after his death. Forty-two percent is owned by each son, Sue Ellen’s boy John Ross and Calley’s son Bo, and sixteen percent by the estate of Carlos DelSol. And what did he acquire. West Star’s refineries and gas stations. Ryland Logistics. That one he put Harris Ryland in prison and saw to getting Judith Brown into the Senate. Mark my words, if you tangle with the Ewing’s they destroy you. If you cooperate, well you get rewarded. His son also built a mercenary company, Branch Water, from some CIA contacts he made. This is deep state stuff. Nothing on the surface of the dotter old man who state alone in a nursing home was true. He managed to get the business’s Cliff and his sisters controlled, Wentworth Tool and Die and Barnes Global media being the two most important pieces he was after. He even got ahold of his nephews Ewing Alternative business as well as South Fork’s oil and the South Fork Cattle Company. And he put back together Ewing Oil as the country’s largest pure play oil company. There’s a chemical company. A paper company. A bank. Dive deep into Ewing Industries and you’ll find an empire built on the carcasses of people like me and my family. He destroyed the nation of Hatta to get at their oil, sending their homosexual prince back from America, exposing him and his family to a civil war. He got at oil leases in artic days before the last president went sneaking out of Washington with his tale between his legs. Don’t believe that John Ross just happened to caught up in his father’s plans either. He’s possibly worse than his father.

Now I’ve always said you can be good at business or you can be good at family, but not both. Obviously to everyone here, I was a failure at family. But I was not a failure in business despite J. R. Ewing. I learned to stay clear of him. I also learned from him to work within the shadows, but I never, NEVER forgot who my enemy was. Neither should you.”

Jacob Davids stepped back in front of the white screen. He holds up fanned out envelops, the first name on the one in front, 'Sue Ellen Lockwood, Lady Maitland.' “These twelve are being sent from the Estate of Jeremey Wendell to twelve women, mostly, obviously not all, lovers of his.”

“My God,” the one woman spoke up again. “What are they checks?”

“Some,” the lawyer continued. “Debts. Notes to pick up personal belongings. That sort of thing.”

“Disgusting.”

“The remainder resides in trust for Mr. Wendell’s twenty-six descendants.”

The young man who spoke up earlier said, “And what is that remainder?”

“One asset and a whole lot of debt. Sixteen percent of Ewing Industries.”

“What?” the entire room exclaims.

“Paul, you’re named as sole Trustee and this letter of instructions are for your eyes only.” Davids hands him a thick letter.

The entire room of twenty-six erupts in anger aimed at both Jeremy Wendell and J. R. Ewing.

Fade away to the Dallas theme song . . . . . Dallas, starring in alphabetical order:

Last edited:

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
"You're a good man Ray, any man would be proud of you as a son!"

Wes left Ray and made his way through the barbecue guests. He looked for Miss Ellie but couldn't see her outside. Sliding the patio door open he walked into the house.

"Miss Ellie," Wes called.

Wes watched as Miss Ellie approached him.

"What are you doing here?" Ellie asked. "If Clayton or any of my son's see you!"

"I'm not here to make trouble," Wes began. "There's something I need to give you before I leave Dallas."

Taking something from his pocket he reached out to give Ellie the ring he had in his hand. Ellie gasped and recoiled when she saw it.

"That's my husband's wedding ring!" She said.

"It's Jock's wedding ring," Wes told her, his voice beginning to break and a tear ran down his face. "I just wanted to return it because Jock Ewing as you knew him died in that chopper crash."

Ellie looked up into the unfamiliar face of the man she had first met as Wes Parmalee. She had discovered items belonging to Jock in Wes's bunkhouse whereupon he had claimed that he was Jock who had survived the chopper crash.

Unable to stop herself Miss Ellie reached out and hugged Wes very tightly. Wes hugged her too. The tears streamed down Ellie's face, there was no doubt in her mind now who Wes was.

"You know the truth now Miss Ellie," Wes said, softly. "The Jock Ewing you knew is gone! So if my boys..." Wes's voice cracked with emotion and he tried to compose himself. "If the boys ask you, tell them I'm not Jock."

Wes released his hold on Miss Ellie but before he did he reached down and kissed her on the lips. She smiled up at him, her face wet with tears.

"We'll see each other again," he said and giving her a sad smile he left the house.

Miss Ellie stared down at the wedding ring in her hand. She pocketed it and decided it would be best not to tell anyone of its existence. Wes was gone now. It was painful to see him leave now, now that she knew the truth. He looked so different because of the plastic surgery but it was a part of her life which was over now. She wondered what she was going to have to tell Clayton and the family. She heaved a sigh of relief, she would say he wasn't Jock at all but the existence of Jock's wedding ring would have to be kept secret.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow you floored me. I know many wouldn’t “like” this but to me it’s not about what I want out of a story (truth be told what I would want would bore most to tears, including myself after awhile), but it’s a good story full of emotion and a far more fitting ending, great sacrifice on the part of Jock, then the start of a family feud which left nothing in its wake. Thank you for sharing.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Wow you floored me. I know many wouldn’t “like” this but to me it’s not about what I want out of a story (truth be told what I would want would bore most to tears, including myself after awhile), but it’s a good story full of emotion and a far more fitting ending, great sacrifice on the part of Jock, then the start of a family feud which left nothing in its wake. Thank you for sharing.
He left to spare the family any more pain.

If the show had actually given us a closing scene like this I don't think us fans would be debating who he was all these years later.

Kudos to the late Barbara Bel Geddes and Steve Forrest for such compelling scenes together. May they both Rest In Peace.

FB_IMG_1620765691581.jpg

And let's not forget Jim Davis either. Rest In Peace.

FB_IMG_1619441988826.jpg

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Taking something from his pocket he reached out to give Ellie the ring he had in his hand. Ellie gasped and recoiled when she saw it.
I like ur idea, don’t get me wrong, but what would make her believe he really was Jock based on just the ring? He had Jock’s belt buckle, pocket knife, etc, and that didn’t convince her either. Couldn’t he had also just found the ring from Jock’s belongings like he was accused of finding the other things?

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I like ur idea, don’t get me wrong, but what would make her believe he really was Jock based on just the ring? He had Jock’s belt buckle, pocket knife, etc, and that didn’t convince her either. Couldn’t he had also just found the ring from Jock’s belongings like he was accused of finding the other things?
It's extremely unlikely even in a helicopter crash that a wedding ring would slip off the finger of its owner.

Maybe I should've had him wearing it first before taking it off. Either way the ring was proof of who Wes really was. He was Jock and he gave it back to Miss Ellie because he realised he couldn't come back as Jock without tearing the family apart. Giving Ellie the ring was his closure on his life as Jock. :(

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Peter Richards took the small photograph out of his wallet & stared at it.

His face became wet with tears as he looked at the photograph of Sue Ellen Ewing. Out of all the people he had met as Camp Counselor Sue Ellen was special to him.

Now he had left Dallas, forced to because of Sue Ellen's husband JR who had apparently manipulated him for his own ends.

He was in New York now and attempting to re-build his life.

"Hi Peter."

With a jolt Peter came back to reality and smiled thinly at the guy in front of him.

"Hi Brad."

Brad was the guy who was sharing the apartment with him. He was a total contrast to Peter, quite muscled with black hair shaved at the sides and brown eyes. If Peter had've been gay he might've been interested in him but he was too pre-occupied with the photo of Sue Ellen.

"Still eyeing up her picture?" Brad asked, gesturing to the photo in Peter's hand.

Peter nodded.

"But you said she was married!?!"

Peter sighed.

"Yeah," he said ruefully. "I should've known better to get involved with a married woman!"

Brad shook his head.

"It's easily done buddy, no harm done. You'll find someone else. Someone you can really love & who'll be there for you."

Peter shook his head.

"I dunno!"

Peter opened his mouth about to say something and then closed it again.

"I never see you dating anyone, Brad?" Peter asked instead.

Brad grinned.

"I haven't time for relationships at the moment!" Brad replied. "I'm a counselor and need to be there for my clients but I will make time for the right guy soon!"

"We're both in the same boat, I guess," Peter said, as he realised what Brad had just said.

Peter watched as Brad peeled off his shirt and dumped it on his bed.

"I'll be back in a bit, just gonna get a shower, buddy."

Peter nodded as Brad slipped off his clothes & disappeared into the bathroom.

Peter stared at the photo of Sue Ellen again.

"Peter, " Brad called. "Can you get me a towel."

"Yeah, sure," Peter called.

Grabbing a towel from the dresser he left it in the bathroom. He hardly glanced at Brad at all as he left the bathroom.

Peter sighed as he lay back on his bed and slipped the photo back in his wallet.

He heard Brad come out of the bathroom.

"You okay buddy," Brad asked.

Peter shook his head and started to sob.

Brad lay down beside Peter & gave him a hug.

"Everything will be fine, you'll be okay." Brad told him.

Peter nodded and stared at his room mate. Before he could stop himself Peter locked lips with Brad & kissed him. Brad did not push him away. He kissed him back.

"I rue the day I ever got involved with the Ewing's," Peter said.

Brad laughed. "Forget about them buddy! Sue Ellen Ewing's loss is my gain."

Peter smiled. "You know I badly need a guy like you."

Brad smiled. "It's taken you long enough to realise that!"

Peter laughed. "How could I not see that girls just don't do it for me!"

Brad laughed. "But older women might?"

"I was attracted to her. Sue Ellen I mean," Peter admitted. "Just not girls my own age. I never realised until now that I'm gay."

Brad regarded him. "We all go through a phase of experimenting, we're not sure who we are. I need a guy like you in my life Peter."

Peter smiled & cuddled up to Brad.

"At least you're not a Ewing!" Peter said, smiling.

"No, I'm definitely not related to the Ewing's but you could call me her name if you like!"

Peter grinned. "Sue Ellen, oh Sue Ellen!"

Brad laughed as he snogged the face off Peter. Peter stared deep into Brad's face & locked lips with him again.

Peter Richards had finally gotten his happy ending and it was all thanks to the Ewing's. :)

Last edited: