Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 173639" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I'm thoroughly enjoying <em>It Takes A Worried Man...</em> The dialogue is so peppy. I just wish I had a better memory for one-liners and quips because there have been some absolute gems in this series. They're all the more funny because they're embedded in reality. When characters in this series make observations about life, people, work, relationships or whatever it's like they're saying exactly what I'd thought and been too lazy to say.</p><p></p><p>The long scenes, limited locations and sharp dialogue give the series a stagey air that rings of quality. Had Coward or Wilde written an Eighties sitcom this is very close to how I'd imagine it.</p><p></p><p>I'm nearing two thirds of the way through the entire series now. Sue Holderness as Liz, the new love interest for series two is very likeable. Not that likeability is a requirement for this series. But it does help. Nicholas Le Provoust as the world's most inappropriate analyst is great. He has a uniquely British eccentricity to him and this seems very much like the kind of role that would become Hugh Laurie's forte just a few short years afterwards. I didn't think I recognised him, but his IMDb CV is very impressive indeed and I've certainly seen him in some things over the years. Some of them quite recently (<em>The Bounder</em>). I see he was also in <em>Shelley</em>, so in addition to Peter Tilbury's writing that's another reason to (re)visit that series sometime soon-ish.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 173639, member: 23"] I'm thoroughly enjoying [I]It Takes A Worried Man...[/I] The dialogue is so peppy. I just wish I had a better memory for one-liners and quips because there have been some absolute gems in this series. They're all the more funny because they're embedded in reality. When characters in this series make observations about life, people, work, relationships or whatever it's like they're saying exactly what I'd thought and been too lazy to say. The long scenes, limited locations and sharp dialogue give the series a stagey air that rings of quality. Had Coward or Wilde written an Eighties sitcom this is very close to how I'd imagine it. I'm nearing two thirds of the way through the entire series now. Sue Holderness as Liz, the new love interest for series two is very likeable. Not that likeability is a requirement for this series. But it does help. Nicholas Le Provoust as the world's most inappropriate analyst is great. He has a uniquely British eccentricity to him and this seems very much like the kind of role that would become Hugh Laurie's forte just a few short years afterwards. I didn't think I recognised him, but his IMDb CV is very impressive indeed and I've certainly seen him in some things over the years. Some of them quite recently ([I]The Bounder[/I]). I see he was also in [I]Shelley[/I], so in addition to Peter Tilbury's writing that's another reason to (re)visit that series sometime soon-ish. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top