Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 175666" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Sadie's flying visit is over. A very watchable series, with an enjoyably cynical bite that worked for me.</p><p></p><p>The final scene seemed to acknowledge the series ending. Whether or not the ending was known to be permanent is a bit of a mystery, but it gave a kind of closure to proceedings.</p><p></p><p>I rounded things off by watching the unaired Pilot episode, of which it seems the first regular episode was a word for word remake (with <em>Birds Of A Feather's</em> Dorien replacing Fran from <em>Brookside</em> as the stroppy cashier). The remade episode was slicker and had a better energy, but the Pilot had superior opening and closing titles and theme. The main series used a cheesy uptempo instrumental riff based on <em>Baby It's Cold Outside </em>playing over the lead characters humorously failing to cross the road while dropping shopping everywhere. The Pilot's music was more melancholic and downbeat, and it featured photos of Sadie and Norman through the course of their relationship. In my opinion it better captured the tone of the series and looked far classier.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 175666, member: 23"] Sadie's flying visit is over. A very watchable series, with an enjoyably cynical bite that worked for me. The final scene seemed to acknowledge the series ending. Whether or not the ending was known to be permanent is a bit of a mystery, but it gave a kind of closure to proceedings. I rounded things off by watching the unaired Pilot episode, of which it seems the first regular episode was a word for word remake (with [I]Birds Of A Feather's[/I] Dorien replacing Fran from [I]Brookside[/I] as the stroppy cashier). The remade episode was slicker and had a better energy, but the Pilot had superior opening and closing titles and theme. The main series used a cheesy uptempo instrumental riff based on [I]Baby It's Cold Outside [/I]playing over the lead characters humorously failing to cross the road while dropping shopping everywhere. The Pilot's music was more melancholic and downbeat, and it featured photos of Sadie and Norman through the course of their relationship. In my opinion it better captured the tone of the series and looked far classier. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top