Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 177402" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I've been hopeless at updating, but I've now finished <em>Miss Jones And Son</em> and have moved on to my next series. </p><p></p><p>A few words about <em>Miss Jones:</em></p><p></p><p>Moving Geoffrey out after a whole series of what felt like the build up to a<em> Save The Best For Last </em>romance between platonic friends was a little curious. I suspect Christopher Beeny was otherwise engaged, perhaps with <em>The Rag Trade</em> or the upcoming <em>In Loving Memory </em>(the latter perhaps more likely, given the amount of location work involved). It was nice that he was able to return for the first two episodes of Series Two for if not closure then at least an acknowledgment and a passing farewell. </p><p></p><p>With Geoffrey out, a new neighbour was needed. Enter a lone parent with his slightly snooty daughter who turns out to have a heart of gold. Definite shades of Richard Waring's other vehicle, .<em>..And Mother Makes Three. </em></p><p></p><p>Perhaps they knew they were on the clock, or perhaps the original script had been for things to move forward with Geoffrey and scripts were hastily tweaked. Either way, they didn't waste any time with pairing the two up. I'd say the final episode wasn't planned as such as there was no real closure or ending. It ended with a kind of squabble on a break in the country (didn't another Britcom end in a very similar way? It feels very familiar). </p><p></p><p>There was an unusually high degree of live baby shots in the series. It's the kind of setup that makes me wonder if they'd be able to do that now with health and safety regulations. Not that young Roly seemed to mind. He seems one of the more contented screen children - looking happily round at the lights and the laughing audience, and listening carefully to Paula Wilcox chattering at him. I think there was even a perfectly timed burp at one point. </p><p></p><p>Anyway, long story short Paula Wilcox made this a very enjoyable series. Cass Allen as her maternity ward friend who kept popping in to say hello was very much appreciated also.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 177402, member: 23"] I've been hopeless at updating, but I've now finished [I]Miss Jones And Son[/I] and have moved on to my next series. A few words about [I]Miss Jones:[/I] Moving Geoffrey out after a whole series of what felt like the build up to a[I] Save The Best For Last [/I]romance between platonic friends was a little curious. I suspect Christopher Beeny was otherwise engaged, perhaps with [I]The Rag Trade[/I] or the upcoming [I]In Loving Memory [/I](the latter perhaps more likely, given the amount of location work involved). It was nice that he was able to return for the first two episodes of Series Two for if not closure then at least an acknowledgment and a passing farewell. With Geoffrey out, a new neighbour was needed. Enter a lone parent with his slightly snooty daughter who turns out to have a heart of gold. Definite shades of Richard Waring's other vehicle, .[I]..And Mother Makes Three. [/I] Perhaps they knew they were on the clock, or perhaps the original script had been for things to move forward with Geoffrey and scripts were hastily tweaked. Either way, they didn't waste any time with pairing the two up. I'd say the final episode wasn't planned as such as there was no real closure or ending. It ended with a kind of squabble on a break in the country (didn't another Britcom end in a very similar way? It feels very familiar). There was an unusually high degree of live baby shots in the series. It's the kind of setup that makes me wonder if they'd be able to do that now with health and safety regulations. Not that young Roly seemed to mind. He seems one of the more contented screen children - looking happily round at the lights and the laughing audience, and listening carefully to Paula Wilcox chattering at him. I think there was even a perfectly timed burp at one point. Anyway, long story short Paula Wilcox made this a very enjoyable series. Cass Allen as her maternity ward friend who kept popping in to say hello was very much appreciated also. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top