Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 178727" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Series Three - actually my second - has seen a change of direction. Gone are the Scottish landlady and her goofy daughter, both of whom I'd grown fond. In their stead we have a situation which looks uncannily familiar to anyone familiar with<em> Man About The House.</em> Albert has moved in with two gorgeous women who have him cooking and cleaning for them. Hilarity ensues when he tries to keep his fiancée and her mother from discovering them. And other such confused situations. It's interesting that this preceded MATH by a couple of years, as the two were so familiar I can't help feeling one took inspiration from the other. Which could still be the case, of course.</p><p></p><p>There's also a hint of <em>The Lovers </em>to Albert's situation with the fiancée and their on/off status. And who could blame Albert for wanting the "off" part. She's spent most of her screentime so far wearing him down or barking orders at him and generally being harpy-like.</p><p></p><p>Just when I thought it was wearing a little thin, along comes <em>Raquel</em>, which was practically a one-hander. The roommates were dispensed with in the first few minutes and the fiancée showed up for the last, but other than that it was Albert in soliloquy: chattering to himself about old radio shows; fantasising about Raquel Welch and then phoning The Dorchester to speak to Raquel and get asked over. OK - so the last part required a little suspension of disbelief, but that was no problem.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 178727, member: 23"] Series Three - actually my second - has seen a change of direction. Gone are the Scottish landlady and her goofy daughter, both of whom I'd grown fond. In their stead we have a situation which looks uncannily familiar to anyone familiar with[I] Man About The House.[/I] Albert has moved in with two gorgeous women who have him cooking and cleaning for them. Hilarity ensues when he tries to keep his fiancée and her mother from discovering them. And other such confused situations. It's interesting that this preceded MATH by a couple of years, as the two were so familiar I can't help feeling one took inspiration from the other. Which could still be the case, of course. There's also a hint of [I]The Lovers [/I]to Albert's situation with the fiancée and their on/off status. And who could blame Albert for wanting the "off" part. She's spent most of her screentime so far wearing him down or barking orders at him and generally being harpy-like. Just when I thought it was wearing a little thin, along comes [I]Raquel[/I], which was practically a one-hander. The roommates were dispensed with in the first few minutes and the fiancée showed up for the last, but other than that it was Albert in soliloquy: chattering to himself about old radio shows; fantasising about Raquel Welch and then phoning The Dorchester to speak to Raquel and get asked over. OK - so the last part required a little suspension of disbelief, but that was no problem. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top