Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 307416" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Series Three nears its end. In fact I thought I was watching the final episode last night, but there's another one it seems.</p><p></p><p>The little changes over the episodes have gone mostly unnoticed, until I take a step back from the episode and realise I haven't seen Heslop or Horrible Ives for some time. I suppose this reflects the nature of prison which is going to feature comings and goings, many of which probably go unnoticed. Ronald Lacey's Harris has taken a while to grow on me, but he's proving a good fit for the ensemble.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>He was great in his two episodes and really created an interesting third cellmate for Fletch and Godber. Of course, it's probably highly unlikely they'd put Rawley in with the man serving the sentence he'd ordered, but for the purposes of character development it was great, and Fletch growing to support Rawley despite his initial misgivings gave some really heartwarming moments.</p><p></p><p>This arc also gave what I felt was the series' heaviest moment when Rawley was forced into a cell and threatened with violence from McLaren, Harris and another prisoner. The genuine sense of menace and there being no escape from the threat with them having made sure there were no screws around felt unusually bleak for a sitcom of this era.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yeah. It has that early Seventies <em>Carry On </em>vibe to it, and if memory serves that extended to the familiar-looking locations.</p><p></p><p>I've been to Black Park - mostly down to my thirst for visiting as many<em> Carry On</em> locations as possible - and it's a really beautiful place. I wish my visit hadn't been so late in the day as I could have walked there for many hours. But I'm sure there'll be other times.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 307416, member: 23"] Series Three nears its end. In fact I thought I was watching the final episode last night, but there's another one it seems. The little changes over the episodes have gone mostly unnoticed, until I take a step back from the episode and realise I haven't seen Heslop or Horrible Ives for some time. I suppose this reflects the nature of prison which is going to feature comings and goings, many of which probably go unnoticed. Ronald Lacey's Harris has taken a while to grow on me, but he's proving a good fit for the ensemble. He was great in his two episodes and really created an interesting third cellmate for Fletch and Godber. Of course, it's probably highly unlikely they'd put Rawley in with the man serving the sentence he'd ordered, but for the purposes of character development it was great, and Fletch growing to support Rawley despite his initial misgivings gave some really heartwarming moments. This arc also gave what I felt was the series' heaviest moment when Rawley was forced into a cell and threatened with violence from McLaren, Harris and another prisoner. The genuine sense of menace and there being no escape from the threat with them having made sure there were no screws around felt unusually bleak for a sitcom of this era. Yeah. It has that early Seventies [I]Carry On [/I]vibe to it, and if memory serves that extended to the familiar-looking locations. I've been to Black Park - mostly down to my thirst for visiting as many[I] Carry On[/I] locations as possible - and it's a really beautiful place. I wish my visit hadn't been so late in the day as I could have walked there for many hours. But I'm sure there'll be other times. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top