Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 307419" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I've just discovered there was an American remake of <em>Porridge</em>:</p><p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">(Series trailer from 26 minutes...)</p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]7A4pEp8_O9o:1557[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">And another little trailer here:</p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]ddQ2XKhBW1Y[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p></p><p>It looks absolutely abysmal. Everyone's doing that bouncy, smiley, over-gesticulating, sing-song voiced "I'm in a wacky sitcom" thing.</p><p></p><p>They sucked the heart and soul from brilliantly-written classic British sitcoms in the Seventies and Eighties, and it never worked.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 307419, member: 23"] I've just discovered there was an American remake of [I]Porridge[/I]: [CENTER] (Series trailer from 26 minutes...) [MEDIA=youtube]7A4pEp8_O9o:1557[/MEDIA] And another little trailer here: [MEDIA=youtube]ddQ2XKhBW1Y[/MEDIA][/CENTER] It looks absolutely abysmal. Everyone's doing that bouncy, smiley, over-gesticulating, sing-song voiced "I'm in a wacky sitcom" thing. They sucked the heart and soul from brilliantly-written classic British sitcoms in the Seventies and Eighties, and it never worked. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top