Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 351296" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I was a big fan of <em>Mind You Language </em>and Barry Evans. I was in junior school the last time I saw this series so maybe I might think differently about it now but at the time I thought it was hugely entertaining and very funny. It used to be broadcast at 7pm on Friday or 5.30pm on Saturday so it was very friendly scheduling for someone of my age at the time. I've always wanted to watch the series again but it never gets repeated, probably because of the national stereotypes of the characters featured seem very outdated, and possibly offensive for some, today.</p><p></p><p>I remember it was hugely popular back in the day and was regularly in the top 10 most watched shows each week. </p><p></p><p>It's interesting that you are not familiar with Barry Evans because he was a quite a big star in the 1970s after being one of the lead characters in the successful sitcom <em>Doctor In The House</em> and a number of British comedy films. He also appeared in a episode of one of my favourite series that I used to watch in the school holidays, Crown Court, and it was the only time I can remember seeing him in a non comedy role and he turned out to be a very good dramatic actor as well. He died in very suspicious circumstances and many think he was murdered. It was a sad end for a great talent.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 351296, member: 33"] I was a big fan of [I]Mind You Language [/I]and Barry Evans. I was in junior school the last time I saw this series so maybe I might think differently about it now but at the time I thought it was hugely entertaining and very funny. It used to be broadcast at 7pm on Friday or 5.30pm on Saturday so it was very friendly scheduling for someone of my age at the time. I've always wanted to watch the series again but it never gets repeated, probably because of the national stereotypes of the characters featured seem very outdated, and possibly offensive for some, today. I remember it was hugely popular back in the day and was regularly in the top 10 most watched shows each week. It's interesting that you are not familiar with Barry Evans because he was a quite a big star in the 1970s after being one of the lead characters in the successful sitcom [I]Doctor In The House[/I] and a number of British comedy films. He also appeared in a episode of one of my favourite series that I used to watch in the school holidays, Crown Court, and it was the only time I can remember seeing him in a non comedy role and he turned out to be a very good dramatic actor as well. He died in very suspicious circumstances and many think he was murdered. It was a sad end for a great talent. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top