Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 351750" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>He had great comic timing and gave a natural performance and you never felt like he was overplaying a line or situation for a unnecessary extra laugh. I don't know if he did any theatre work but he was great at staying in character if something slightly unexpected happened or if a joke got a bigger (or smaller) laugh than was expected.</p><p></p><p></p><p>From what I remember of the second season I didn't take to the new characters too well. The new female character, I think she was meant to be Greek, was played by a English actress who I had seen in several other shows and was a semi-regular on <em>The Benny Hill Show</em> which kind of spoiled it for me because even though I imagined all the other actors could speak English quite well in real life, I liked to believe they were from the countries they were supposed to be from.</p><p></p><p>Regarding the titles, I just love the catchy theme turn and the animation that went with it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 351750, member: 33"] He had great comic timing and gave a natural performance and you never felt like he was overplaying a line or situation for a unnecessary extra laugh. I don't know if he did any theatre work but he was great at staying in character if something slightly unexpected happened or if a joke got a bigger (or smaller) laugh than was expected. From what I remember of the second season I didn't take to the new characters too well. The new female character, I think she was meant to be Greek, was played by a English actress who I had seen in several other shows and was a semi-regular on [I]The Benny Hill Show[/I] which kind of spoiled it for me because even though I imagined all the other actors could speak English quite well in real life, I liked to believe they were from the countries they were supposed to be from. Regarding the titles, I just love the catchy theme turn and the animation that went with it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top