Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 351758" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>From what I've seen, those actors who have stage experience tend to be more technically proficient when it comes to pitching their performances and getting it right for each occasion, so I can understand why you wondered this.</p><p></p><p>The always-reliable(!) Wikipedia suggests he'd been treading the boards right before this series which could explain why he was so on the ball with his performance:</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh, that's a shame. They've taken a few episodes to grow on me, but I think they fit in fine. They already had the "sexy, flirtatious student with a crush on the teacher" covered, so Ingrid is almost not needed, but I quite like the rivalry between her and Danielle. And now that Juan and Jamila can speak a little English, Zoltan has filled the void of the student who can't understand a word. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>According to Wiki, the actress Anna Bergman who played Ingrid is actually Swedish like her character. From what I've seen many of the actors playing the students do at least have some connection to their characters' ethnic background. Jacki Harding seems to be an obvious exception (though I can't be certain she's not German the name suggests otherwise). </p><p></p><p>On the subject of the actors playing classmates, I was really impressed with the overview of Kevork Malikyan's career I read. He seems extremely accomplished in TV, film and theatre. And he's even a teacher! </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Both are great. The music is really catchy and feels instantly familiar (I don't <u><em>think</em></u> I'd heard it before). I associate Max Harris mostly with <em>Round The Horne,</em> where The Max Harris Group provided much of the music for one of the series and were regularly name-checked. Of course, he also did <em>Porridge</em> and <em>Open All Hours </em>and outside of comedy that wonderful theme for <em>The Singing Detective</em>. </p><p></p><p>The animation is great, and I'm really impressed they've gone to the trouble of updating it for the new students.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 351758, member: 23"] From what I've seen, those actors who have stage experience tend to be more technically proficient when it comes to pitching their performances and getting it right for each occasion, so I can understand why you wondered this. The always-reliable(!) Wikipedia suggests he'd been treading the boards right before this series which could explain why he was so on the ball with his performance: Oh, that's a shame. They've taken a few episodes to grow on me, but I think they fit in fine. They already had the "sexy, flirtatious student with a crush on the teacher" covered, so Ingrid is almost not needed, but I quite like the rivalry between her and Danielle. And now that Juan and Jamila can speak a little English, Zoltan has filled the void of the student who can't understand a word. According to Wiki, the actress Anna Bergman who played Ingrid is actually Swedish like her character. From what I've seen many of the actors playing the students do at least have some connection to their characters' ethnic background. Jacki Harding seems to be an obvious exception (though I can't be certain she's not German the name suggests otherwise). On the subject of the actors playing classmates, I was really impressed with the overview of Kevork Malikyan's career I read. He seems extremely accomplished in TV, film and theatre. And he's even a teacher! Both are great. The music is really catchy and feels instantly familiar (I don't [U][I]think[/I][/U] I'd heard it before). I associate Max Harris mostly with [I]Round The Horne,[/I] where The Max Harris Group provided much of the music for one of the series and were regularly name-checked. Of course, he also did [I]Porridge[/I] and [I]Open All Hours [/I]and outside of comedy that wonderful theme for [I]The Singing Detective[/I]. The animation is great, and I'm really impressed they've gone to the trouble of updating it for the new students. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top