Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 351778" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>That's understandable. The cast dynamics worked fine in the first series so it's a bit like trying to reinvent the wheel or fix something that's not broken. It's true they're not absolutely necessary, but I can also see why the powers that be might feel the need to freshen it a little for the new series. I haven't found they've changed my experience or been too intrusive. They fit into the team well and as I said I think Zoltan's filled a gap since the series needs an absolute beginner. Equally, the series would have remained as enjoyable without them so they're not bringing much to the table. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ah - I've just looked up her name and it looks as though she appears in Series Four which was the mid-Eighties revival six years after the original run ended. If I've read correctly, that series only had a handful of the original cast so I can imagine that would be very jarring. It's not included in my set (I don't think it's even been released on any home media) so I won't be watching that one. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>It was a really nice surprise. Very few of the cast were familiar faces to me so, like you, I don't know them from other things. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh thank you. <em>Round The Horne</em> is one of the only radio series I've heard in its entirety. I have the lot on CD and it's an interesting little slice of history.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 351778, member: 23"] That's understandable. The cast dynamics worked fine in the first series so it's a bit like trying to reinvent the wheel or fix something that's not broken. It's true they're not absolutely necessary, but I can also see why the powers that be might feel the need to freshen it a little for the new series. I haven't found they've changed my experience or been too intrusive. They fit into the team well and as I said I think Zoltan's filled a gap since the series needs an absolute beginner. Equally, the series would have remained as enjoyable without them so they're not bringing much to the table. Ah - I've just looked up her name and it looks as though she appears in Series Four which was the mid-Eighties revival six years after the original run ended. If I've read correctly, that series only had a handful of the original cast so I can imagine that would be very jarring. It's not included in my set (I don't think it's even been released on any home media) so I won't be watching that one. It was a really nice surprise. Very few of the cast were familiar faces to me so, like you, I don't know them from other things. Oh thank you. [I]Round The Horne[/I] is one of the only radio series I've heard in its entirety. I have the lot on CD and it's an interesting little slice of history. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top