Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 352087" data-attributes="member: 23"><p><em>Mind Your Language</em> - the original 1970s run at least - drew to a close last night with a stock sitcom setup based on misunderstanding and miscommunication: Ali's wife is acting mysteriously, hanging up the phone when he enters the room, and going out late at night. Brown follows her and sees her sneaking into Ranjeet's house. She's actually planning a surprise party for Ali, but Brown gives her "the talk" about extramarital affairs and <em>she</em> then thinks it's <em>Ali</em> who is cheating. Naturally, the matter is only resolved in the last thirty seconds, at which point a massive food fight breaks out (in Ali's house, no less). Groundbreaking it's not, but it's certainly fun. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh, that's a point I hadn't considered. Of course, I know that LWT series would have been shown only on the weekend when originally screened, but it hadn't occurred to me that this restriction would still apply to repeats .</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 352087, member: 23"] [I]Mind Your Language[/I] - the original 1970s run at least - drew to a close last night with a stock sitcom setup based on misunderstanding and miscommunication: Ali's wife is acting mysteriously, hanging up the phone when he enters the room, and going out late at night. Brown follows her and sees her sneaking into Ranjeet's house. She's actually planning a surprise party for Ali, but Brown gives her "the talk" about extramarital affairs and [I]she[/I] then thinks it's [I]Ali[/I] who is cheating. Naturally, the matter is only resolved in the last thirty seconds, at which point a massive food fight breaks out (in Ali's house, no less). Groundbreaking it's not, but it's certainly fun. Oh, that's a point I hadn't considered. Of course, I know that LWT series would have been shown only on the weekend when originally screened, but it hadn't occurred to me that this restriction would still apply to repeats . [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top