Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 429342" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>That's the one. And considering the main character's eccentricities I can easily envisage Ted Knight playing him.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That sound promising. I'm not even sure if the location for this one has been specified, other than appearing to be a reasonably affluent suburb. It's produced by Thames TV, though, so I'd assume it's somewhere in the London area.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I don't think the hippie element is there with British Muriel (though it's not beyond the realm of possibility), but apart from this her role in the proceedings feels quite similar to her American counterpart.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>There was an analogous scene in an early episode of the British series with Dudley and Muriel in bed and a party going on downstairs. If I remember correctly though, in the British version, after he asked if they were smoking pot, Muriel just scoffed that he didn't know what pot smelt like. The American payoff is much funnier.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 429342, member: 23"] That's the one. And considering the main character's eccentricities I can easily envisage Ted Knight playing him. That sound promising. I'm not even sure if the location for this one has been specified, other than appearing to be a reasonably affluent suburb. It's produced by Thames TV, though, so I'd assume it's somewhere in the London area. I don't think the hippie element is there with British Muriel (though it's not beyond the realm of possibility), but apart from this her role in the proceedings feels quite similar to her American counterpart. There was an analogous scene in an early episode of the British series with Dudley and Muriel in bed and a party going on downstairs. If I remember correctly though, in the British version, after he asked if they were smoking pot, Muriel just scoffed that he didn't know what pot smelt like. The American payoff is much funnier. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top