Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 76738" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Regarding Hyacinth's "cast-off couch," another possible explanation is that it ended up in a large, prop storage facility used by numerous other productions. Another show could have taken it and placed it in one of their sets, making it unavailable at the time KUA did another series of shows. </p><p></p><p>Back in the glory days of US daytime soaps, the networks used to utilize one or two large storage facilities in New York City, and it was inevitable that set pieces would end up doing "crossovers". A bookcase that was seen in a home on <em>General Hospital </em>for a year or two would later be spotted in an apartment on <em>One Life To Live,</em> or a unique staircase in a mansion on <em>The Edge of Night </em>could end up in a hotel set later on <em>As The World Turns--</em>that sort of thing. It became a sort of online game for eagle-eyed viewers, pointing out the recycled props and set pieces. Hyacinth's floral couch might very well show up in another of your Britcoms with different people sitting on it (I'm picturing it fitting in quite well in the Bayview Retirement Home on <em>Waiting for God, </em>for instance).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 76738, member: 27"] Regarding Hyacinth's "cast-off couch," another possible explanation is that it ended up in a large, prop storage facility used by numerous other productions. Another show could have taken it and placed it in one of their sets, making it unavailable at the time KUA did another series of shows. Back in the glory days of US daytime soaps, the networks used to utilize one or two large storage facilities in New York City, and it was inevitable that set pieces would end up doing "crossovers". A bookcase that was seen in a home on [I]General Hospital [/I]for a year or two would later be spotted in an apartment on [I]One Life To Live,[/I] or a unique staircase in a mansion on [I]The Edge of Night [/I]could end up in a hotel set later on [I]As The World Turns--[/I]that sort of thing. It became a sort of online game for eagle-eyed viewers, pointing out the recycled props and set pieces. Hyacinth's floral couch might very well show up in another of your Britcoms with different people sitting on it (I'm picturing it fitting in quite well in the Bayview Retirement Home on [I]Waiting for God, [/I]for instance). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top