• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The guest houses

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't remember Chase and Maggie's guesthouse for that particular purpose, except when Chase used it as an office. The FC guesthouse in the winery grounds seemed a nice spot. It was an old barn, wasn't it? Mrs. Rossini lived there for a while. Dan also stopped there. I feel the old place should have been utilised more, after season 6.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Gioberti castle guesthouse was actually used by Chase as his residence, when he was separated from Maggie. It was shown in season 5 'Sharps & Flats' when Connie Gianinni and Chase returned from their walk in the vineyards. Dr. Michael Ranson also stayed in the property, early on in his valley stint during season 3.

Of the two guesthouses I preferred the FC one, since it was independent from the Victorian mansion and had a certain charm about it, as a converted barn dwelling.

The Gioberti castle

A funeral is taking place, with Fr. Curtis officiating. A character who was in a lot of Falcon Crest history is being laid to rest. Many Tuscany Valley people are there, to pay their respects, (a scene from season 3, 1983 - '84):

Fr. Curtis: "........May her soul and the souls of all the recently departed through the mercy of God rest in peace."

The funeral attendants sympathise with the bereaved.

Fr. Curtis offers his condolences to Maggie: "Peace Maggie!"

Maggie: "Thank you father!"

Fr. Curtis then provides the same comfort to Vicki.

Vicki to Maggie: "I just can't believe it."

Maggie: "I know. Come on Vicki."

A dark haired man is standing behind mother and daughter.

Dr. Michael Ranson: "Maggie."

Maggie: "Michael." They hug, "Oh Michael. Michael I'm so glad you're here. We tried to reach you."

Michael: "Good to see you! Vicki. You've grown. How are you?"

Vicki: "I'm okay!"

Maggie: "How did you find out?"

Michael: "Oh family network. You know Chase's mother and my mother were always feuding but they were still sisters."

Maggie: "You'll drive in our car."

Michael: "Sure!"

Michael: "I came by cab. I barely had a chance to change at the hotel."

Maggie: "Oh please you'll stay at our guest house."

Michael: "That's very kind. Thank you!"

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
The Gioberti castle guesthouse was actually used by Chase as his residence, when he was separated from Maggie. It was shown in season 5 'Sharps & Flats' when Connie Gianinni and Chase returned from their walk in the vineyards. Dr. Michael Ranson also stayed in the property, early on in his valley stint during season 3.

Of the two guesthouses I preferred the FC one, since it was independent from the Victorian mansion and had a certain charm about it, as a converted barn dwelling.

The Gioberti castle

A funeral is taking place, with Fr. Curtis officiating. A character who was in a lot of Falcon Crest history is being laid to rest. Many Tuscany Valley people are there, to pay their respects, (a scene from season 3, 1983 - '84):

Fr. Curtis: "........May her soul and the souls of all the recently departed through the mercy of God rest in peace."

The funeral attendants sympathise with the bereaved.

Fr. Curtis offers his condolences to Maggie: "Peace Maggie!"

Maggie: "Thank you father!"

Fr. Curtis then provides the same comfort to Vicki.

Vicki to Maggie: "I just can't believe it."

Maggie: "I know. Come on Vicki."

A dark haired man is standing behind mother and daughter.

Dr. Michael Ranson: "Maggie."

Maggie: "Michael." They hug, "Oh Michael. Michael I'm so glad you're here. We tried to reach you."

Michael: "Good to see you! Vicki. You've grown. How are you?"

Vicki: "I'm okay!"

Maggie: "How did you find out?"

Michael: "Oh family network. You know Chase's mother and my mother were always feuding but they were still sisters."

Maggie: "You'll drive in our car."

Michael: "Sure!"

Michael: "I came by cab. I barely had a chance to change at the hotel."

Maggie: "Oh please you'll stay at our guest house."

Michael: "That's very kind. Thank you!"
The Gioberty house and winery were featured in the film Dying Young, starring Campbell Scott and Julia Roberts and David Selby, in 1991.
David commented to the president of the German club “Actually, I shot a movie there, with some buddies — they were all friends of mine, Campbell Scott and Campbell’s mother, ...she passed away not too long after that. And it was so odd to be back,” David remembers.
http://www.falconcrest.org/english/show/interviews/cast/selby-1999.pdf

Attachments

• David Selby Julia Roberts.jpg
    David Selby Julia Roberts.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 12

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
In Dying Young, in addition to the cellars of Casa Gioberti, there is that colonnade on the left of the house
There is a cookout and you can see it in the background. It was a very nice location that I don't remember being used in Falcon Crest.

Attachments

• Dying Young frame.jpg
    Dying Young frame.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 13

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Gioberty house and winery were featured in the film Dying Young, starring Campbell Scott and Julia Roberts and David Selby, in 1991.
David commented to the president of the German club “Actually, I shot a movie there, with some buddies — they were all friends of mine, Campbell Scott and Campbell’s mother, ...she passed away not too long after that. And it was so odd to be back,” David remembers.
http://www.falconcrest.org/english/show/interviews/cast/selby-1999.pdf

Interestingly 'Dying Young' was also filmed at Filoli, the Carrington mansion on Dynasty.