• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The old regional ITV idents and logos

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
that haunting " Cats In The Cradle" ad encouraging people to report suspected paramilitary activity in the 90's.
Oh yes! Didn't this feature Billy from Eastenders being shot in an alley way? :oops: UTV also had loads of those horrific road safety adds where a load of young people are in a car bombing along and then suddenly they are being propelled threw a windscreen to a Samantha Mumba song. Or even worse that one with You Don't Bring Me Flowers. Absolutely traumatising.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes! Didn't this feature Billy from Eastenders being shot in an alley way? :oops: UTV also had loads of those horrific road safety adds where a load of young people are in a car bombing along and then suddenly they are being propelled threw a windscreen to a Samantha Mumba song. Or even worse that one with You Don't Bring Me Flowers. Absolutely traumatising.
For some reason, I immediately thought of Billy Jackson rather than Billy Mitchell and got rather confused for a moment.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
ATV will always remind me of Crossroads

Southern always reminds me of How!

London Weekend Television always reminds me of Mind Your Language

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For Anglia it's Sale of The Century

For Granada it's Coronation Street

For Yorkshire TV it's Emmerdale Farm

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Granada used to push the envelope in the 1960s with some very quirky shows. So I think of things like The Corridor People with Elizabeth Shepherd, who when I first met her, charmed me so much that I almost wanted her to murder me. And The Man in Room 17, where the leads solve the crime and pull the strings without leaving their office.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I forgot Thames TV, my local region. The show I most associate with it is The Benny Hill Show.

Well, The Benny Hill Show sometimes lifted footage of an red Renault Dauphine flying off a cliff and smashing. Which had been originally filmed by a late friend of mine for ATV/ITC’s The Baron. For Thames, my first thought is of the dark children’s Aztec drama series, The Feathered Serpent. Starring Patrick Troughton as the bloodthirsty murdering scheming Aztec High priest. With Diane Keen, who said that working with Patrick Troughton was the most enjoyable experience of her career.

And Magpie! From DVD of course…

And Ace of Wands!

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think my favourite was the old ATV logos. Especially when there was an ITC logo near it. Some shows like Supercar and Whiplash had both logos on the credits too.

But I also love the ABC logos on Public Eye, Undermind, The Avengers etc

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And Southern Television’s Freewheelers

ABC’s Undermind

ABC/Thames - Public Eye (1965-75)

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
ATV logo on Sapphire and Steel

ATV logo on Escape Into Night

And ATV production with ITC logo on The Power Game

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And TVS on Knights of God, a series that took two years before it aired, by which point stars Patrick Troughton and Nigel Stock had died.

And Southern Tv’s Dick Barton: Special Agent

And Southern’s How

Last edited: