The songbirds.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
FALCON CREST had characters who could sing, just as the other three eighties primetimers. We heard a little of Charlotte Pershing, too much for some of Apollonia Kotero and then there was Melissa who belted out a few numbers, during the Freilich era. So had you a favourite or could you have done with or without and preferably without, their singing? We really should have seen Fr. Curtis providing his version of Tantum Ergo Sacramentum.

The FALCON CREST singing trio (excluding Prince and the motorbike).

The family are having breakfast. Chao-Li appears, with tea and coffee. The most faithful resident of Falcon Crest has been up since the crack of dawn; done his Tai Chi, chores and most importantly already has the breakfast in him. This is the day the earthquake hits California's wine making Tuscany Valley, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Emma: "There is something in the air, this morning. It's so heavy; so still, not even the birds are singing."

Angela: "Well there's really not much to sing about!"

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
David-Richard had a very good mood and loved music.
In several episodes we saw him in a very good mood singing
The other characters were singers for a living. Richard just sung around the house or in The Globe. From the three photographed Apollonia would undoubtedly have been the best, although she was irritating.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
Lorenzo Lamas did make a living for a season singing,
As he told the president of the German club
“Currently I’ve been doing more live stage performance, I have become a bit of an entertainer now. I have a nightclub act that I've been doing. In November 2006, I debuted in New York at a nightclub called Feinstein's, and it's a very popular and sophisticated nightclub.” He explained that he had put together an act with music from the 1940's and '50's. “I do about 20 songs, and the act lasts about an hour and 20 minutes. Between the songs, I tell stories about my parents — about Arlene Dahl and Fernando Lamas.” He explained that these stories included people his parents worked with and that the audience loves hearing them. “Most of the audience is 40 plus… about 40 to 70. They remember the golden era of Hollywood. They remember the era and the music and they really enjoy the act. I have done three or four performances there. “I just finished one in Orange County — four nights at the Performing Arts Center, a 400-seat theater.” He also said he did some stage work recently: “I did The King and I last summer.”
When an actor sings a song in a series.In addition to the rights to the author of the song.
You have to pay an extra to the actor?? His contract is for him to act, not for him to sing.

Last edited:

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
The other characters were singers for a living. Richard just sung around the house or in The Globe. From the three photographed Apollonia would undoubtedly have been the best, although she was irritating.
Ana Alicia is a good actress but I don't think she has made a living singing. As the director of the episode mentioned. Michael A. Hoey to the German club
623 Cold Hands
What Michael also remembered was Veronique, the Slumming / Seductive Socialite: “There was a scene when Ana - Alicia, whom I loved dearly, became a singing sensation,” he started. “She was supposedly appearing in San Francisco — and we shot it at The Roxy on Sunset Boulevard,” he explained about the famous theater in West Hollywood. “It was this great big black hole… Just tables, and the walls are painted black. So we filled it with extras, and I hired a friend of mine, Lonnie Burr, who was an ex-Mouseketeer, whom I had met when I was working at Disney back in the '50's when I was first starting off. I used him to play the manager of the club. He ended up, I think, getting three episodes out of it so it was a good deal for him. But Ana-Alicia ’singing was so dreadful that I thought: ‘How could we make this sound really as good as she supposedly is?’ You know… the crowd was supposed to go wild. Then I thought if I could make it look like they kind of are in on the joke a little bit, and that they don't really think she is that great, but they are sort of gigging, and I think that's how I eventually shot Item. I don't know if that came across because I had to be very subtle about what I was doing. I didn't want to upset Ana-Alicia, who had a fiery temper, but she never ever, as I recall, she gave me any problems at all. I thought she was quite lovely. I adored her. She kind of got into her rôle at times, she was sort of believing that she was that character,” the director emphasized how deeply the actress dived into her work de ella. “And she and Jane were always kind of hotheads to one another.

Attachments

• 623.jpg
    623.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah Richard did break into song, the odd time and then Lance tried in season 7 to better Eddie Floyd's classic. I decided not to include them in my original post, as they weren't singers per se. Of the three singers highlighted I thought Apollonia wasn't bad during her 5th season stint. Realistically though Lance was never going to upsticks, in a million years and swap the grapes for music. He had too much to loose.

Angela even used Fr. Christopher as a pawn, as the person to continue her business and deep down Lance wouldn't have tolerated the estranged grandson taking the reigns, down the road. I consider Lance's time with Apollonia, probably no more than another feather in his cap and another good looking woman to add to his 'snog a log'.

Lance is partying with Apollonia and a dozen others, at the Falcon Crest pool. They are celebrating his recent business deal, while listening to Apollonia singing on a ghetto blaster. Angela interrupts their fun. She switches off the ghetto blaster, without hesitating, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Angela: "Lance. Come here!"

Lance: "Yes grandmother."

Angela: "I want these aliens out of here immediately."

Lance: "These aliens are my friends."

Angela: "And it's my house."

Lance: "I live here too."

Angela: "With my permission. Another thing; stay away from that 'Babalonian' character."

Lance: "Her name is Apollonia, a dear friend of mine and a business partner."

Angela: "Monkey business if I know you!"

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Apollonia was real fodder for Lance during an extra rebellious phase. Gosh she had some lurid looking outfits. I'm surprised Angela didn't deliberately stick on a pair of shades and put in earplugs when Babylonia (as she called her) was around.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
Well David started his theatrical career in musicals like Oklahoma and Brigadoom in amateur theater.
Quentin's recitation of Shadows in the Dark Theme became a Parade hit in the 1970s.
And in 2002 he played Mame's millionaire boyfriend in the famous musical

Last edited: